Cajees Strubens Valley - Terrible Customer Service

rorydewet

So on the 4th of April I rode Northern farm with family. During the ride I lost my front tire which is tubeless. Hit a rock side on whole wheel deflated. I used a bomb but the rim tape had an issue with sealing so  it didn't stay hard. I removed front wheel by releasing the thru axle. Took off tire and tape did temporary fix of inserting a tube and completed the ride.

The next day I took bike into Cajees at Strubens Valley. I'm not a Cajees fan but hey its take of wheel reseat or replace tape, insert slime and pump. Not technical they should manage that easy I was promised bike back on the Saturday. i went in Saturday long story, but short version is they battled to remove thru axle as it was damaged. This was the same thru axle that I removed and replaced on the trail using my hands, no tools. However its now damaged and they need to order a new axle. They had bike whole week but obviously left it till last minute to do, hence the issue at this late hour.

They need to order part from Dragons in CT. But the bike will be ready next week on Saturday, part can be ordered and couriered, and its simple to put on. I call on Friday to get an update. They say Friday Dragons sent the wrong part, thru axle sent was too long. They waiting for proper part from Dragons. I call often in the following weeks to get updates.

They are waiting for parts, the courier is on way. I ask if they have tracking number and are monitoring status. Very non committal which makes me think twice about veracity of statement

Today the 29th April I call Dragons direct and ask for feedback. This is 24 days (albeit week days) that the bike has been in shop. Speak to a nice guy at Dragon. He asks for details says will revert.

He calls back 2 hours later very sorry. Part is finally on way to jhb via courier. He has spoken to Cajees. i call Cajees they confirm part is on way bike can be collected tomorrow which is Friday. I ask why delay, the guys says what is problem its only 2 weeks. I point out its 24 days and if I had not intervened probably a month in shop.

I then ask about been told its on courier and will be here when Dragons didn't have an order. How is it that I as a cyclist can call Dragons and get feedback but the shop who is doing the repair cant be bothered. Cant be bothered but also cant man up and tell me that when I make the numerous phone calls to get feedback.

Their reply is the rep didn't place the order. These guys throw everyone else under the bus to not take responsibility.

After reading this you judge whether you want to leave a bike at this place for repairs etc. I'm not telling you what to judge just giving you the narrative of why I will never set foot in this store again after I get my bike back.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story.

Next time, whichever shop you go to, take the wheel off at home and take just the wheel in?

Better yet, buy the items you need and do it yourself. 

Edited by TNT1

Long story.

Next time, whichever shop you go to, take the wheel off at home and take just the wheel in?

Better yet, buy the items you need and do it yourself. 

lesson learnt

school fees paid

lesson learnt

school fees paid

Oh, and also, buy stuff at Cajees by all means, but don't even take a tube in to them to be fixed.

Jeez. Cajees.

I await all the horror stories they will be posted here.

I had really bad service from them. Won’t ever be back.

Yup... been there, got sold that stupid *ss t-shirt too. 

Those fantastic people in that shop stole a bottle cage off my bike when I took it in for a service last year. Then, they had the ordacity to tell me I was lying when I took them to task on it. 

For a R70 item...I ask you with tears in my eyes. 

I had to leave the bike there for another 4 days because they didnt do what was requested of them, and on my return the manager intervened regarding the stolen bottle cage. His reply was that some other customer had traded in a bike like mine, and returned to get his bottle cage off the previous bike. 

Thank goodness I wasnt born the day before to fall for that sorry *ss excuse. It was in a festive season, and I'm probably lucky I didnt give him a smack right there and then for his ***ing sh*t *ss attitude. 

Prior to my incident, a lady sent her son in to collect his bike that had a new chain fitted. The chain wasnt replaced but they told the son it was. He trundled out only for Mom to realise it wasnt a new chain. She then confronts the staff and they turn it against the son claiming he's lying. 

I do my utmost best at all times to tell people far and wide to avoid this shop

Yup... been there, got sold that stupid *ss t-shirt too. 

Those fantastic people in that shop stole a bottle cage off my bike when I took it in for a service last year. Then, they had the ordacity to tell me I was lying when I took them to task on it. 

For a R70 item...I ask you with tears in my eyes. 

I had to leave the bike there for another 4 days because they didnt do what was requested of them, and on my return the manager intervened regarding the stolen bottle cage. His reply was that some other customer had traded in a bike like mine, and returned to get his bottle cage off the previous bike. 

Thank goodness I wasnt born the day before to fall for that sorry *ss excuse. It was in a festive season, and I'm probably lucky I didnt give him a smack right there and then for his ***ing sh*t *ss attitude. 

Prior to my incident, a lady sent her son in to collect his bike that had a new chain fitted. The chain wasnt replaced but they told the son it was. He trundled out only for Mom to realise it wasnt a new chain. She then confronts the staff and they turn it against the son claiming he's lying. 

I do my utmost best at all times to tell people far and wide to avoid this shop

again lesson learnt

I went to this shop about 4 or 5 years ago...Once...thats it. Never again. 

Made the Kdorp and Princess Crossing Cajees look top notch when it came to knowing about bikes and the  parts...

Edited by Mojoman

again lesson learnt

Yep, indeed. 

After this debacle, I went on a mission across Jhb to find a LBS that I would trust and want to do business with. 

I now go to the south of Jhb to support a small LBS instead. 

There is so many horror stories about LBS service and attitude. Please do not use Cajees they areprobably the worst. Looking for great service and people that know what they are talking about just go to Linden Cycles

I have experienced that some suppliers generally send off the wring parts. I have the experience. How they manage to do this I dont know, especially when giving a part number. 

I reckon the blame is all round.

I do most of my own repairs and servicing. If its something specific, I will just disassemble and take in the required part if I can.

Every Hubber has some horror stories about LBS. I went to Solomons Cycles about 2 weeks ago to buy some few items, on my way out I had a quick chat with one of the staff members regarding the type of tyres I will need for my bike. The shop manager realized that I had already bought my items so she decided to call the guy to assist another customer in the shop, this was while the staff member was still talking to me inside their shop. I was really appalled by this behavior especially since she was not busy with any customer herself she could have easily attended to that customer. So I am sure that there will always be bad service from every shop.

I don't Think that they will last that long. The Edenvale Shop has already closed last December.

It was handy for me to buy a cable or Tyre etc. But you always had to barter on price.

Otherwise I never had bad Service from them.

Every Hubber has some horror stories about LBS. I went to Solomons Cycles about 2 weeks ago to buy some few items, on my way out I had a quick chat with one of the staff members regarding the type of tyres I will need for my bike. The shop manager realized that I had already bought my items so she decided to call the guy to assist another customer in the shop, this was while the staff member was still talking to me inside their shop. I was really appalled by this behavior especially since she was not busy with any customer herself she could have easily attended to that customer. So I am sure that there will always be bad service from every shop.

I think its one of those Rites Of Passage thing for all new cyclists (and sometimes the old ones too!), experiencing LBS uselessness....

Edited by Mojoman