Cajees Strubens Valley - Terrible Customer Service

rorydewet

I think its one of those Rites Of Passage thing for all new cyclists (and sometimes the old ones too!), experiencing LBS uselessness....

Right near the top of the list .... next to getting the BEST sales service .... even decent after sales service ..... to find out their workshop is worse than useless .....

Edited by ChrisF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had nothing but brilliant service from Solomons in Durban. Excellent guys and girls that always go the extra mile.

Always been very helpful.

I don't Think that they will last that long. The Edenvale Shop has already closed last December.

It was handy for me to buy a cable or Tyre etc. But you always had to barter on price.

Otherwise I never had bad Service from them.

The Edenvale shop was quite handy for odds and ends, but no one there knew anytjing about what they were selling, same as Boksburg, go in asking for something and they all just stand there with blank looks on their faces, but still use them on occasion for some parts, strangely if you know what you are looking for and where to look they have more spares than most other shops around, and the bartering on prices always works out well.

I will buy parts from them, I will buy bikes from them, but not a chance will I get a bike serviced by them

The bartering is stupid, just put your price on, and get on with it, the whole “ trying to catch unsuspecting customers “ is bull. Perhaps I should go there and offer some of my magic beans for a bike...or perhaps a goose that lays golden eggs...

I am very familiar with this shop as I live in the area. I do not set foot in that store. I will rather drive to Cadence World in Krugersdorp.

Had one or two bad experiences with them on small repairs and purchases and decided long ago they will never ever receive my support even if they are the last cycling shop in existence.

Their operating hours are inconvenient, no items have pricing on it as each customer receives their own unique "special" price per item.... One of those "let me speak to my boss and get you a good price" type stores. Then it is an item which costs R400 in any other half decent store, but they tell you it is R600 at normal RSP, but for you it is R450.

Once bought a cassette removal tool there. First turn it broke. That was the final straw for me.

I have very little faith in their competence. Will not let them touch my bike. A work colleague took his bike there for a full service and had endless problems with it when he got it back from them.

In the West Rand, just go to Cadence World.

I am very familiar with this shop as I live in the area. I do not set foot in that store. I will rather drive to Cadence World in Krugersdorp.

Had one or two bad experiences with them on small repairs and purchases and decided long ago they will never ever receive my support even if they are the last cycling shop in existence.

Their operating hours are inconvenient, no items have pricing on it as each customer receives their own unique "special" price per item.... One of those "let me speak to my boss and get you a good price" type stores. Then it is an item which costs R400 in any other half decent store, but they tell you it is R600 at normal RSP, but for you it is R450.

Once bought a cassette removal tool there. First turn it broke. That was the final straw for me.

I have very little faith in their competence. Will not let them touch my bike. A work colleague took his bike there for a full service and had endless problems with it when he got it back from them.

Different Cultures.... This will never change... Fully agree with most other comments here...Good for the emergency bits and bobs only.

cadence world

please share details of where to find them

cadence world

please share details of where to find them

Krugersdorp - Opposite Dros on Cecil Knight Street....Near to Key West shopping Mall.

I also like these guys....not so much of the 'I have a larney bike but you don't' attitude here......

On the other side you take your bike in for a rim replacement and carbon repair. Based on prices quoted you estimate it should cost about R3000 (R1000 for carbon repair, 1500 for rim and spokes and 500 for rim build. Then when you pick up your bike invoice is R6500 as the bike has to be completely stripped and rebuilt for a very visibly and repairable crack on the frame (was in middle of top tube, no parts in there if i can remember correctly). Also to just rebuild a wheel is not store policy. So it's nice that my original request evolved to a full rebuild and service with replaced chain, cables, brake pads due to "store policy" but i am unreasonable if i want to assault the salesman. Not everyone sommer has 3500 lying around.

Not some crap LBS, this is one of the more reputable places. The workmanship is excellent but due to these issues i don't support hem anymore. Also try to hand in smallest form of part to be worked on if i need to go to a LBS now.

On the other side you take your bike in for a rim replacement and carbon repair. Based on prices quoted you estimate it should cost about R3000 (R1000 for carbon repair, 1500 for rim and spokes and 500 for rim build. Then when you pick up your bike invoice is R6500 as the bike has to be completely stripped and rebuilt for a very visibly and repairable crack on the frame (was in middle of top tube, no parts in there if i can remember correctly). Also to just rebuild a wheel is not store policy. So it's nice that my original request evolved to a full rebuild and service with replaced chain, cables, brake pads due to "store policy" but i am unreasonable if i want to assault the salesman. Not everyone sommer has 3500 lying around.

Not some crap LBS, this is one of the more reputable places. The workmanship is excellent but due to these issues i don't support hem anymore. Also try to hand in smallest form of part to be worked on if i need to go to a LBS now.

why do you want to assault the salesman for a store policy issue, he doesnt own the place he just works there ?