Cajees Strubens Valley - Terrible Customer Service

rorydewet

I make a point of not entrusting my bikes to a workshop that's either not open to the public or which I haven't seen the inside of. That means all the Cajees I know of plus another store that's got a bad image on the Hub. Post prefixed by "Goodbye....Cycles"

I also try to do as much as I can myself. That saves me a lot of bucks and if it breaks its only my fault and I know how to fix it...

And maybe most importantly...You KNOW that there is a part broken....its not left as a suprise for your next long ride...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And maybe most importantly...You KNOW that there is a part broken....its not left as a suprise for your next long ride...

Yeah good point.

A pet hate used to be when my bike went in for something simple and the shop would decide that adjusting my gear cable was a good thing. Even though the work was unrelated. I'm surprised how many people rely on the LBS to adjust shift cables but thats another story...

Jip. That's Cajees Cycle Corner strubensvalley. On 17th April one worker assaulted his co worker. Never even fought back. The victim lost his job. And still have not payed him his days worked from the 1st. Want parts they tell you no stock. Go to Cadance World cycles in Krugersdorp they have. If not they order and they call you within 3 days.

Cajees suck.

Jip. That's Cajees Cycle Corner strubensvalley. On 17th April one worker assaulted his co worker. Never even fought back. The victim lost his job. And still have not payed him his days worked from the 1st. Want parts they tell you no stock. Go to Cadance World cycles in Krugersdorp they have. If not they order and they call you within 3 days.

Cajees suck.

So what relevance does the employees bitch slapping have here ?

Good old Cajees - a decade later and nothing has changed.

It is a useful shop if you like to barter and feel like have a good argument to save R25.

Never. Ever. EVER let them touch your bicycle. Ever!

Good old Cajees - a decade later and nothing has changed.

It is a useful shop if you like to barter and feel like have a good argument to save R25.

Never. Ever. EVER let them touch your bicycle. Ever!

Lol...The Cajees in Krugersdorp has changed...not sure if its new owners but its a slightly better shop but still populated with zero knowledge individuals. reopened a few months back..However seeing how they only open at 9:30am and later these days I no longer bother going there (it was a few streets up from a mates shop so was easy access)..

But as you say...all these years later and Cajees is still operational and yet still the same!

Used to make use of the Krugersdorp branch when the two old guys were still there. The one died and the other guy was told to stay at home apparently. The one guy knew me well and always greeted me on my name. If I ever wanted something he will always help and also gave me some extra discount (His words don't tell anyone about your price which was more like 50% off).

Fast forward new owners re-vamped shop and expensive. Wanted rim tape a while ago and while I was in town I decided that I would pop into the store to get some. The tape was very expensive and for the price of the roll just to do one wheel I could buy tape at another bikeshop enough for two wheels for the price they were asking.

The sad part is that that store will most likely stay open as most of their clients seems to be the local commuters.

Cadence World is a very good place looking for service, great staff always willing to help. Communication from them regarding orders is also top notch.

Used to make use of the Krugersdorp branch when the two old guys were still there. The one died and the other guy was told to stay at home apparently. The one guy knew me well and always greeted me on my name. If I ever wanted something he will always help and also gave me some extra discount (His words don't tell anyone about your price which was more like 50% off).

Fast forward new owners re-vamped shop and expensive. Wanted rim tape a while ago and while I was in town I decided that I would pop into the store to get some. The tape was very expensive and for the price of the roll just to do one wheel I could buy tape at another bikeshop enough for two wheels for the price they were asking.

The sad part is that that store will most likely stay open as most of their clients seems to be the local commuters.

Cadence World is a very good place looking for service, great staff always willing to help. Communication from them regarding orders is also top notch.

Shame, I quite liked those two old toppies....The one was actually nice enough to lend me a tool to take back home to sort something out years ago...Been going there since I moved to the West Rand back in 94 or so. Sad but life moves on.........

So on the 4th of April I rode Northern farm with family. During the ride I lost my front tire which is tubeless. Hit a rock side on whole wheel deflated. I used a bomb but the rim tape had an issue with sealing so  it didn't stay hard. I removed front wheel by releasing the thru axle. Took off tire and tape did temporary fix of inserting a tube and completed the ride.

The next day I took bike into Cajees at Strubens Valley. I'm not a Cajees fan but hey its take of wheel reseat or replace tape, insert slime and pump. Not technical they should manage that easy I was promised bike back on the Saturday. i went in Saturday long story, but short version is they battled to remove thru axle as it was damaged. This was the same thru axle that I removed and replaced on the trail using my hands, no tools. However its now damaged and they need to order a new axle. They had bike whole week but obviously left it till last minute to do, hence the issue at this late hour.

They need to order part from Dragons in CT. But the bike will be ready next week on Saturday, part can be ordered and couriered, and its simple to put on. I call on Friday to get an update. They say Friday Dragons sent the wrong part, thru axle sent was too long. They waiting for proper part from Dragons. I call often in the following weeks to get updates.

They are waiting for parts, the courier is on way. I ask if they have tracking number and are monitoring status. Very non committal which makes me think twice about veracity of statement

Today the 29th April I call Dragons direct and ask for feedback. This is 24 days (albeit week days) that the bike has been in shop. Speak to a nice guy at Dragon. He asks for details says will revert.

He calls back 2 hours later very sorry. Part is finally on way to jhb via courier. He has spoken to Cajees. i call Cajees they confirm part is on way bike can be collected tomorrow which is Friday. I ask why delay, the guys says what is problem its only 2 weeks. I point out its 24 days and if I had not intervened probably a month in shop.

I then ask about been told its on courier and will be here when Dragons didn't have an order. How is it that I as a cyclist can call Dragons and get feedback but the shop who is doing the repair cant be bothered. Cant be bothered but also cant man up and tell me that when I make the numerous phone calls to get feedback.

Their reply is the rep didn't place the order. These guys throw everyone else under the bus to not take responsibility.

After reading this you judge whether you want to leave a bike at this place for repairs etc. I'm not telling you what to judge just giving you the narrative of why I will never set foot in this store again after I get my bike back.

Long story even shorter .Don,t go near cajees again !!!.I don,t

Had friendly efficient service from the Cadence World pop up shop at Bidon a few weeks back.

Cajees suck.

• 1 month later...

So a mate took his Merida Big 12 To Cajees for a service. They told him they need to service the rear shock, and the service. Came to 1800. They totally omit to tell him the chain, cassette and hub need servicing, he takes the bike and chain keeps popping out. We head to Melo Velo and they need to change the whole drive trail for 10k all inclusive of chain and all parts. 

Am thinking: what is an LBS supposed to tell you when you collect the bike? Melo Velo explain what they have done, what needs to be done. Isn’t that the standard? 

I'd be very surprised if they even serviced that rear shock. Probably cleaned it a tad and ripped you 1800 ronts for the wipe down. 

1 minute ago, 117 said:

I'd be very surprised if they even serviced that rear shock. Probably cleaned it a tad and ripped you 1800 ronts for the wipe down. 

Yip agree!  I will never let any Cajees do work on my bike, fine to buy stuff from but that's it.

11 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Yip agree!  I will never let any Cajees do work on my bike, fine to buy stuff from but that's it.

I wont even purchase anything from them. I travel past 2 of their shops to go support a proper LBS, run by the chap that owns it. And if that's not possible, I'll go to either of the two Sportsmans Warehouse shops close to the 2 Cajee's instead (Alberton is one of them, I'd rather head off to the SW at the Glen)

Edited by 117
additional info

I would also rather go anywhere else but will buy consumables from them if I have no other choice.  Yes, the one in Alberton is very crap but it is only 1km from me so if I need a bomb or something quickly yes I will buy from them.