Cleats stuck

Zama7

Hey guys recently book some look x track pedals but the seem to get stuck on my specialized shoes and I can't cleat out. The sides seem very deep on the shoes... Has anyone else had this issue? Should I buy spacers so the spd cleat sticks out more?

this used to be a problem with crank brothers cleats, and I think Look has a similar design.

Crank Bros used to sell a metal base plate to go between your shoe and the cleat which fixed it, but the damage to the (expensive, carbon) shoe is permanent. Just make sure you have Shimano MTB cleats installed by the time you buy new shoes.

Hey guys recently book some look x track pedals but the seem to get stuck on my specialized shoes and I can't cleat out. The sides seem very deep on the shoes... Has anyone else had this issue? Should I buy spacers so the spd cleat sticks out more?

I'm assuming you mean the sole on the sides of the cleats are too deep ? Which shoes are you using  ?

I have X Track with SIDI Dragon shoes and don't have this issue - But i am still using Shitmano cleats and haven't mounted the look cleats yet, but they are very similar in thickness so i doubt it will be an issue.

also read here - same issue discussed

https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-mechanics/1202394-pedal-shoe-cleat-combo-issues-unclipping.html

Edited by madmarc