Damage to road bike

Zatek

I took my Specialized road bike to get the hydraulic brake cables fitted through my handlebars and to get a nippel replaced on my tubeless front wheel.

Got the bike back to discovered that shop chipped the carbon seatpost, rear brake is squeaking and sealant coming out of the spoke holes.

They came to collect and fixed their mistake on the rear brake and front wheel.

Bike was delivered with back with problems fixed except for seat post as he is waiting for a unit I got use while mine is repaired.

Brakes still squeaking and front wheel still leaking sealant. They remove my very expensive tubeless valve and put a cheaper brand in as apparently this was the cause.

They did refund me for the worked done on the wheel but waiting for them to bring my valve back.

I feel they must replace my seat post they chipped because the bike is 6 months old and doubt they will get it fixed with out being noticed.

Specialized dealer?

Unfortunately not as I am holiday but another well known brand

The carbon is chipped

Looks like they were short of a workstand and put the bike in the vice instead.

The brakes and leaking sealant is unfortunate but can happen (both can be finicky), but the damaged seatpost is unacceptable.!!

At least it sounds like they are trying to rectify it.

Edited by Thomo

What’s the point of this thread OP?

Are tug asking for guidance as to whether you should insist on a replacement seat post? Or are you warning us about some unnamed bike shop where you had a bad experience? Or are put asking the hub whether we feel the seat post can be satisfactorily repaired?

Sounds like a lot of ranting without much purpose

Are tug asking for guidance as to whether you should insist on a replacement seat post? Or are you warning us about some unnamed bike shop where you had a bad experience? Or are put asking the hub whether we feel the seat post can be satisfactorily repaired?

Haha I wondered the same actually

If it was your bike, would you insist on a new seat post? I am willing to let the shop try to repair it but then it must not be noticeable. If you can see that it was repaired I feel it must be replaced.

Am I unreasonable?

If it was your bike, would you insist on a new seat post? I am willing to let the shop try to repair it but then it must not be noticeable. If you can see that it was repaired I feel it must be replaced.

Am I unreasonable?

cosmetic damage is one thing ....

That looks like damage from some sort of clamp.  Carbon and "clamping" do not go together well ....

Am I unreasonable?

No way I’d let them repair that on a 6 month old bike.

They need to replace it or name and shame them[emoji106]

New one, as it was basically brand new when it went in.

That's a horrendous f*up on their side

Sir moun10goat, I am a bit of a fan of what you write, which most-always is well-considered, even elder-statesmanlike...

On THIS post, I think you have been a little harsh; I feel OP is not writing in his Mother-tongue, besides which I feel sure he is a younger guy, maybe not expressing himself with a definite question....

I D-O think that carbon seat post damage is unacceptable...

Anyhow, my 5c!

Cheers

Chris

Sir moun10goat, I am a bit of a fan of what you write, which most-always is well-considered, even elder-statesmanlike...

On THIS post, I think you have been a little harsh; I feel OP is not writing in his Mother-tongue, besides which I feel sure he is a younger guy, maybe not expressing himself with a definite question....

I D-O think that carbon seat post damage is unacceptable...

Anyhow, my 5c!

Cheers

Chris

Possibly a bit harsh, but up until my comment there was no direction to the thread. Subsequent to my comment it appears there is an answer for the OP-insist on a replacement, not a repair given the seat post was new.

Is this what the OP wanted? It would appear so, so in the end I feel my comment achieved its purpose.

And I’ll take your comments on my posting to be a compliment, and I’m try maintaining that level of commentary