Query - USPS Priority Mail International

lechatnoir

Does anyone have experience with USPS Priority Mail International? I'd rather my parcels didn't enter the SAPO system - will the USPS Priority Mail International  option arrive at my door? Thanks

Does anyone have experience with USPS Priority Mail International? I'd rather my parcels didn't enter the SAPO system - will the USPS Priority Mail International option arrive at my door? Thanks

I believe your parcel will be shipped to your closest post office.

To have packages delivered to your door, you need to use a courier, like FedEx.

• 2 years later...
On 5/2/2021 at 12:46 PM, thebob said:

Yup. Will end up at EMS at JHB and be transferred to SAPO

Reviving an old thread instead of starting a new one.

I remember years back there was a thread but my search has failed me now.

What is EMS called again and does anyone have an contact I can call or email there, that you have used before. I'm trying to expedite my parcel for delivery, this has worked for me in the past years ago but lost all those contacts with my previous laptop, hence I'm trying to go this route again else they will just get to it when they get to it.

Edited by milky4130

Your parcel is at the sorting centre.
image.jpeg.c657112b024e0d410db0ff9ca3df66e5.jpeg

Couldn’t resist, as this was posted previously in a thread you couldn’t find. 

Seriously though, I’m not sure if you can still go to the mail centre anymore. I haven’t used the postal service since 2016, when it took 7-9 days for 3 separate shipments from Bike24 to my door.

Good luck in getting your goods.

13 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

What is EMS called again and does anyone have an contact I can call or email there, that you have used before. I'm trying to expedite my parcel for delivery, this has worked for me in the past years ago but lost all those contacts with my previous laptop, hence I'm trying to go this route again else they will just get to it when they get to it.

Use 17 track to see where is your parcel.

Otherwise go to Cape Mail if it's stuck there.

27 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Your parcel is at the sorting centre.
image.jpeg.c657112b024e0d410db0ff9ca3df66e5.jpeg

Couldn’t resist, as this was posted previously in a thread you couldn’t find. 

Seriously though, I’m not sure if you can still go to the mail centre anymore. I haven’t used the postal service since 2016, when it took 7-9 days for 3 separate shipments from Bike24 to my door.

Good luck in getting your goods.

that is exactly how I pictured it

26 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Use 17 track to see where is your parcel.

Otherwise go to Cape Mail if it's stuck there.

I will eventually but I need something to go there with, that something I'll get from the Joburg people as that is the first port of call. It was posted via post office to post office basically and not couriered. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 12:22 PM, milky4130 said:

Happy to report for the benefit of others considering using our beloved Post Office. My package arrived today. The labels read "Large Letter" & "Printed Matter", only 2 months after it was Posted in the UK surely a record 🤪. All I had to pay was R36 at the post office counter.