A Cracking Affair, Bought a bike with a crack in the aluminum triangle without my knowledge.

Jacques93

So we all know the risks of buying second hand!

But what can we do if you where never told of a crack in an aluminum triangle when buying it from it's original owner. Any decent person would take back the bike and and refund a person as he can do a warranty claim on the frame then.

But looks like we have run out of decent people, what's your thoughts on this? Is there any legal advice on this, is it even necessary for all the fuss.

Let me know.

How long after buying it did you discover the crack?

I had a similar thing happen and the seller took the frame back and got it warrantied, took a while but all worked out in the end.

Name and shame would be my first reaction....but the story is suspiciously thin in details so what point is there is going the outrage route?

We need more info first. Like have you spoken to the seller? How long after the sale did you notice the crack? How far did you ride before noticing the crack? What frame? Pictures?

Current Affairs?

This is an odd place to vent about a second hand purchase. Unless it was bought from a major political figure...

Current Affairs?

This is an odd place to vent about a second hand purchase. Unless it was bought from a major political figure...

If it was bought from a political figure then all you need to do is burn something down to get some attention.....

If it was bought from a political figure then all you need to do is burn something down to get some attention.....

Usually best to start with your own house/school/bus or train.....