Saris H3 as Indoor Trainer?

Henley 1

Need to know something about cycling? Ask to slim okes on the HUB. So here goes:

I sold my old faithful IDT Wahoo Kickr Snap (through the HUB nogal) because I am itching for an upgrade. Suspended my Zwift membership meanwhile. I was about to buy the Wahoo Core (as planned) for R16k, when the shop tells me he can sell me a Saris H3 for the same price. Wot you sink?   

I'm quite happy with my H3 - pretty much the same as the H2 that is now my wife's, except a bit more quiet. It works great over BLE or ANT+ on PC, or BLE on Android tablet, with Zwift/Rouvy/RGT (FullGaz didn't like ANT+).

I'm not sure how its noise level compares to the Core, but I believe it can give more resistance. But no climb in Zwift currently makes use of that anyway.

Need to know something about cycling? Ask to slim okes on the HUB. So here goes:

I sold my old faithful IDT Wahoo Kickr Snap (through the HUB nogal) because I am itching for an upgrade. Suspended my Zwift membership meanwhile. I was about to buy the Wahoo Core (as planned) for R16k, when the shop tells me he can sell me a Saris H3 for the same price. Wot you sink?   

Take the H3

Agreed, take the H3!

I have the H1, and 10000km later on Zwift, it's still going strong - haven't had a single issue. I would love an H3, but cannot justify replacing my current unit (I believe the H3 is considerably quiter)

Slightly more noisy than the Core, but still quieter than your fan and your drivetrain.  Significantly quieter than the H1/H2.

Other than that it is probably the best trainer for doing structured workouts in ERG mode as it can shift between target powers more seamlessly than any other trainer.

For the price I'd go H3

Slightly more noisy than the Core, but still quieter than your fan and your drivetrain.  Significantly quieter than the H1/H2.

Other than that it is probably the best trainer for doing structured workouts in ERG mode as it can shift between target powers more seamlessly than any other trainer.

For the price I'd go H3

Indeed its the only IDT where conducting 20 40's is actually manageable. Any short duration interval is nearly impossible on the Core or Tacx trainers due to their harsh ramp up to the target power. the Saris software has this licked. Yes the tacx Neo is still the most versatile (can be used as a race warmup trainer do to its unplugged functionality) but to soften its ramp up one has to use it in Non ERG mode and fiddle with the trainer difficulty settings