Telkom Mountain bike race!

wannabepro

Ja sjoe - I did it and would highly recommend a kidney belt before attempting it!  That prize money was the hardest earned pocket money ever Ouch  Maybe I was just a little tired from the day before, but found it very tough because it was so bumpy.

It was horrible!! 4 laps of 18.3km accross "graspolle" and "beesmis"!!!! It was a really tough one. Alota people didnt finish. There was a few nice climbs and an awsome awsome rocky downhill!! Which of course claimed all the puncture victims!!! and then one hell of drag back home just to do it another 3 times!

I think anyone who rode it will agree with me!

Haven't got the faintest idea of time.. was just glad to be alive!  I just couldn't face another 'graspol'.  Had to go for drug testing afterwards and it really took a while as I was a bit dehydrated!!  Just my luck to be tested twice in a week - think they might find seriously high lactic acid levels LOL

I heard that the route was the same as last year !! In that case it would have been a very sad excuse for a MTB race . Racing next to the fence up and down is not my idea of fun !

Did'nt ride it last year but yes there was a lot of riding next to fences!

Not sure of the official results but I think Andrew Mc Lean blew everyone away !! It seems he's becoming a regular mountainbiker.

dit was 'n siek joke van die oraniser om dit mtb race te noem.....hy kon so 'n nice roete magalies toe gemaak het. sal nie sommer weer die race doen nie...way te crap gewees (no pun intended..baie baie bees crap)

Did'nt ride it last year but yes there was a lot of riding next to fences!
Not sure of the official results but I think Andrew Mc Lean blew everyone away !! It seems he's becoming a regular mountainbiker.

He is in training for Cape Epic