Whats the Cost of a standard shifting cable ????

Stavros94

That's a rip off. I replace my own when they look like breaking at the derailleur screw. In my experience its the outer that affects the shifting the most and its worth buying the decent stuff like Shimano. 

Some negative comments here always look forward to those.

Light hearted question by a noobie to the sport.

Building my 2nd bike and I couldn’t leave them because it was a Saturday afternoon and other stores where closed.

Just found it funny that previously I had bought from the same store about 4 months ago and they where 70 for two.

Maybe it’s different stock anyway they work and I went for an epic ride on my new gravel bike today.

Shot for the cool responses.

And to the haters ✌️

Jagwire normally runs R30-35 per inner cable.. Paid R35 last week at the bike shop round the corner.

Sarcasm has obviously consumed me to the point that i’m incapable of seeing negative comments anymore. But seriously, i read through all the responses and didn't see one. Just people making banter. Try not to be too sensitive on the interwebs, its difficult to convey emotion over text. I’m sure nobody was going out of their way to be a knob.

Ps. R140 is a lot but possible depending on brand and also if it includes the cable as well as the sleeve/outer. Most lbs stock those generic Quaxar stuff at R40 ish for a length. Jagwire or shimano stuff will cost more. Maybe thats what they had. I personally dont like the dirt cheap stuff because the outers are to thin...they dont fit nice in my frames cable bosses/guides. Jagwire and shimano ones defo have more girth to them. But im just vain like that lol.

Yea no this is run of the mill stuff. And just the inner no outer Not jagwire it’s fine I was in a pickle and had no other option than to buy from this shop.

I ordered some jagwire at 25rand a cable from evo bikes online.

Just annoying that the local okes or this guy in particular isn’t interested in forming a relationship with a customer for return business. But rather make a quick double charge on a really small item.

All good though. Evo bikes and dom from summet bikes online are excellent all round.

Yea no this is run of the mill stuff. And just the inner no outer Not jagwire it’s fine I was in a pickle and had no other option than to buy from this shop.

I ordered some jagwire at 25rand a cable from evo bikes online.

Just annoying that the local okes or this guy in particular isn’t interested in forming a relationship with a customer for return business. But rather make a quick double charge on a really small item.

All good though. Evo bikes and dom from summet bikes online are excellent all round.

You don't know what his return is though? Bring it up with the guy maybe?

Quite likely he's been hit the recent increase and/or had to buy from another shop or source since the supply chain is buggered. And consumables in particular are pretty scarce, just about every supplier is pre-sold out on the stock lists within minutes. On some items this is up until 2022.

For future ref, Jagwire Proslick is well worth extra outlay.

Rubber side down :thumbup:

I have a good relationship woth my local cajees and hqve paid 35 bucks for a standard jagwire cable , little more f0r the teflon coqted ones but i never g0t a better experience

140 is madness imo

That sounds a little high...depending on quality.

A stainless steel Shimano gear cable retails for about R40-R50 over here.

Non stainless steel Shimano around R25-R30

Optislick around R100.