Help? a road cyclist doing the Tour de Tuli - MB rentals?

HCB05

Hi Guys,

I'm a road cyclist and have been doing a couple events and half iron-mans etc.

I have last year agreed to do the Tour de Tuli in 2020 as part of my company sponsored team...it got postponed until 2021 (now) and I've got about 2.5 months to get myself ready. At that point I had a mountain bike that I was going to lend from a friend, however he has sold his in the interim.

Here is the shocker...I don't have a mountain bike to do the Tour de Tuli in 2.5 months time, and I'm now at the point that I need to get some serious time in the saddle and tyres on the gravel... I've invested a lot in my road bike & gear and at the moment don't want to invest seriously in Mountain Biking....

Question - Is there a company OR people that rent out "descent" quality/standard mountain bikes on long term basis? or people that I can go into a 3 month rental contract with?

any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

thanks!

https://bikemarket.co.za/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4cOEBhDMARIsAA3XDRgVIvGHRjNilWug7ook-fsgVCaEA1IVOld27ohyAhRHtT3Bz6huguMaAm3_EALw_wcB - they will be able to help you out. And they do have proper bikes. I am not too sure what they charge though

Yikes.

They say MTB rentals from R420/day.

Three months is going to set the OP back nearly R40k. He should rather burn the credit card for a R10k-ish entry level bike and be done with it.