12 speed shifter query

fusion01

Ok so ran XG Eagle 12 for a couple of years, I dragged to an XO1 shifter that was beautiful, very crisp, not much force required, nothing ‘abrasive’ in feel.

Be bike build when Shimano for price of parts down the line. The inevitable cassette replacement. I fitted XT shifter and have adjusted the barrel and cable tension to get the optimal up and down shifts, but I find it isn’t as smooth as z I’d have liked, notchy when tuned right.

So GX was bushing, X01 utilised a bearing and hence the difference in feel.

Does XT and XTR have the same differences? Would I get a cleaner, lighter, less clicky, notchy shift especially from the downshift?

Any advise appreciated!

Send the XTR shifter must have an XTR der?! Mine is SLX and I’ll not change. Stuck with XT?

I found a massive difference in experience from full XT over to XTR shifter and XT rear mech and then another difference when I got an XTR rear mech. It does make a difference

Do you have the full shimano 12 speed group set? Cassette chain shifter derailleur?

Yes, full shimano. Slx der, slx cranks, xt shifter

I found a massive difference in experience from full XT over to XTR shifter and XT rear mech and then another difference when I got an XTR rear mech. It does make a difference

Thales for feedback. ‘Massive’ seems to tell a story.

Xtr shifter worked fine with xt rear mech? One doesn’t have to have an xtr mech?

In the past XT used one bearing one Bush on the paddle axle.

XTRuused 22 bearings.

Slxttwo bbushes , same as deore and below.

Thexxtr shifter would feel smoother for longer.

XO1sand XX1 are essentially the same shifters save for the carbon cover and titanium mounting bolts.

Thexxtr rrear derailleur uses titanium bolts and pins where the XT uses stainless steel. I could not tell the difference in shifting between the two.

The shift cable and housing with good quality end caps makes a bigger difference to shift quality