[Event] Val de Vie MTB Expedition 2021

aquaratza

20 minutes ago, aquaratza said:

944572609_Screenshotfrom2021-09-2014-52-15.png.e12228a53ea5548263d42516376345dc.png

????

My friend just reminded me that we have entries to this event. Who's going? What are your thoughts? Tell me things!

You're asking the wrong person. I don't do races/events

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@MTBeer hey, I wasn't really asking you, I just thought your post was funny and responded to it with a screenshot of my inbox.

So who's going? What are your thoughts? 

Edited by aquaratza

30 minutes ago, aquaratza said:

@MTBeer hey, I wasn't really asking you, I just thought your post was funny and responded to it with a screenshot of my inbox.

So who's going? What are your thoughts? 

ok ok i'm kinda ready...  i'll do it with you

• 2 weeks later...

Not very happy with the organiser... Wynand de Villiers I think is his name. We were scheduled to ride in May, flew to Cpt, etc. To be told the day before they had cancelled the event due to rain forecast... he then politely said we could use the acc at Pearl Valley at his cost.

He then moved the event to the same weekend as Ride the Karoo, so we asked him for our money back. He refunded us R2900 of the R6800 we had paid, not forgetting airfares, rental cars, etc.

I complained, he said we used the accommodation (which was supposed to be his gift to us for cancelling on the day).

These event organizers are becoming a law unto themselves... if they are not affiliated to CSA, nothing you can do...

7 hours ago, aquaratza said:

I got pelted with stones by some kids towards the end of day 2 just before the bridge... that was fun.

yup, did they hit you ? they missed me, but at the time I had lost my sense of humour I think if I got hit they would have had their stones back in their faces, little ****s

13 hours ago, Jbr said:

yup, did they hit you ? they missed me, but at the time I had lost my sense of humour I think if I got hit they would have had their stones back in their faces, little ****s

yeah they did hit me, it wasn't too bad, paintball is worse. I was on an eBike (!) and I had caught up with (what we thought) was the 3rd fastest solo rider. I didn't want to overtake him until there was plenty of space. While I was waiting we got chatting, we discussed if drafting an eBike was illegal hahaha. I hung around to chat and that was when we both got pelted with rocks while riding over a bridge. I could hear the rocks on his bike. It wasn't a great feeling. I spent the rest of the event watching the kids on the side of the road to see if they had rocks in their hands and generally avoiding them as much as possible.

There were also two/three occurrences where the kids had changed the signs around on the trails to misdirect people. Luckily I had the route on my GPS, which I had to ask for.

Edited by aquaratza

Mmh we must have been far behind, no probs with the signs. They missed us but by the noise when the rocks hit the bridge they must have been throwing them hard. That’s the only place, all the other kids we say the rest of the 3 days were cute little ones wating to high five or get sweets.

The event's done but I'm still getting emails lol... and they don't have an unsubscribe link.

I started auto deleting the emails (instead of clicking the report spam button), but my friend pointed out this line in the latest mail:

"Please note; no e-Bikes allowed in the 2022 3-Stage event."

Nice.

Edited by aquaratza

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

I replied to one of the last emails and now I don't get anything anymore

did you ask them to double up on spamming me ????