The craft beer thread

Rocket-Boy

I figured if we have a wine thread then it makes sense to have a craft beer thread :)

Im a big fan of craft beers, but the availability of certain styles in SA is lacking so I have been home brewing for almost two years now.

I figured this could be a place for general discussions and beers you have found that taste great.

I have never really been blown away by Mad Giant beers on the seldom occasion I've had one.

But... They have service that delivers 'fresh made' beers to your door, then once you're finished they pick them up and you get a refund on the empties. I have tried the (fresh) IPA and it was delicious. So I will be giving this service a go once I've burned through the Kings Blockhouse IPA's currently filling the fridge.

https://www.madgiant.co.za/extrafresh/

(Joburg only (for a change))

I have never really been blown away by Mad Giant beers on the seldom occasion I've had one.

But... They have service that delivers 'fresh made' beers to your door, then once you're finished they pick them up and you get a refund on the empties. I have tried the (fresh) IPA and it was delicious. So I will be giving this service a go once I've burned through the Kings Blockhouse IPA's currently filling the fridge.

https://www.madgiant.co.za/extrafresh/

(Joburg only (for a change))

That is really cool, half of the problem with craft beers in SA is that they arent very fresh.

With a very hoppy style like IPA you need to get into them before they lose some of that hop flavour.

You lost me at craft

Most South African's cant get past commercial lagers, Im still convinced it's because that is all we have commercially available.

I used to enjoy them, but since I started brewing I cant drink SAB anymore, its just too boring and bland.

Most South African's cant get past commercial lagers, Im still convinced it's because that is all we have commercially available.

I used to enjoy them, but since I started brewing I cant drink SAB anymore, its just too boring and bland.

I went back to commercial lagers. Beck's, Stella and Heineken. Definitely no SAB. Quality is sometimes an issue, but mostly feel the effects of the alcohol too quickly with craft beers.

We'll still go to various breweries and enjoy their beers and if there's something interesting I'll take a six pack home.

Eish the title of this thread makes me want a craft beer now, but, I'm at the office and I don't drink and drive [emoji6]

There's a few I've tried, but my favourites being Jack Black and Birra Flea. If I don't dop a craft on occasion, then it's a Castle Lite or two, or three. Ja I know not too many okes are fans of light beers, but I have to watch my 'unique physique.'

I love beer, but there is no way I'm paying craft beer prices. I'll have something on tap if I go out but at home it's Windhoek draught, Amstel or more recently Eichbaum.