What light trail/xc tire combos are you riding?

Jared Falck

I would say I ride in the XC / light trail categories, and I'm 74kg.
I run a Maxxis Ikon EXO 2.2 rear, and Vittoria Barzo TNT 2.25 front.

I love the Ikon on the back, especially at the appropriate lowish pressures. Barzo on the front is pretty good, relatively lightweight, but I think there's better out there.

I think I'll go for 2.35 front and back when I buy my next tires.

Edited by Hilton.

18 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

What casings did you use?

Any Spaz tyre in control casing is horrid. Grid casing is another story. The Ground Control 2.3 in Grid is probably one of my favourite summer rear tyres. 

Yep, they're control casings... Hence the change

On 5/10/2021 at 12:21 PM, s14phoenix said:

Yes but the Vittoria combo is not far off the weight and they are more grippy what my experience has been - far more trail than XC 

Vittoria 2.35 combo in the region of 740g for Barzo and 760g for the Mezcal.

I bought a Mezcal and found it weighed substantially more than what their website quoted...

How does everyone think a vittoria barzo would compare to a conti cross king on hard pack?

Edited by Jared Falck

Had Specialized Fasttrak on previously. Super tyre and super light, never had any issues (3000km of riding), but price for new ones is over the top. 

I went for Vittoria Barzo 2.35 front and Vittoria Mezcal 2.25 rear. The Vittoria Saguaro is also a popular rear tyre choice.

My next set will be Maxxis Ardent Race 2.3 front and Maxxis Ikon 2.2 rear, just to try them out and compare. 

Edited by Stephan