Stages PM Crank length issue

fanievb

I somehow managed to reset my Fenix, and had to re-add all my sensors and devices.

Pairing my gen 1 stages PM I get this

post-38473-0-48079600-1620655136_thumb.png

The crank length on the stages app is correct and I have the latest firmware, but for some reason the fenix has it as 172.5.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Edited by fanievb

Is that not something you enter on the watch

Edit: are you sure that is the PM that paired with your watch, none of the serail number look simular?

Edited by Quagga

Is that not something you enter on the watch

Edit: are you sure that is the PM that paired with your watch, none of the serail number look simular?

I can't find the place where to change on the watch.

It's the same pm (ant+ ID matches)

Would it be in a different place than on an Edge?

Just checked on my 530, P1 pedals:

Menu > Setting > Sensors > <whatever the power meter's name is> > Sensor Details > Crank Length

Would it be in a different place than on an Edge?

Just checked on my 530, P1 pedals:

Menu > Setting > Sensors > <whatever the power meter's name is> > Sensor Details > Crank Length

No such option.

Google shows you how to add length, but only for pedal based pm, not crank.

Delete the power meter sensor then add it again, maybe will install with correct length

pair it on your phone through the stages app, see what it says ?

Stages app shows the correct length

Delete the power meter sensor then add it again, maybe will install with correct length

No joy. Removed and added again.

Connect with both BT and Ant+ and still get the same issue

nope

I wonder if it has anything to do with "true up"? I have once had one of my garmin devices tune me it had picked up a change in wheel size when I changed bikes and was automatically changing it. Maybe it will pick up the crank is longer and change. 

I feel your pain, that would irritate me big time. 

I wonder if it has anything to do with "true up"? I have once had one of my garmin devices tune me it had picked up a change in wheel size when I changed bikes and was automatically changing it. Maybe it will pick up the crank is longer and change. 

don't know, I don't use the true up function.

will see if stages/garmin has feedback, or maybe give it a few rides and see.

Do you run a magnet on your wheel?

Garmin will calculate the wheel diameter when you have a magnet using the first few hunders meters of your ride to check the wheel rotation vs distance traveled calculated by GPS

Do you run a magnet on your wheel?

Garmin will calculate the wheel diameter when you have a magnet using the first few hunders meters of your ride to check the wheel rotation vs distance traveled calculated by GPS

I have 2 pick up things, one goes around the rear hub and one on the crank, so ja guess you could call them the magnet on the wheel(same concept as the original magnet on the spoke, just "fancier"). I usually just leave them on my IDT bike(road bike) but once wanted to do a comparison of cadence between indoor vs outdoor so moved it to my 29er for a few rides. That is when it did it. Have never seen it do it again.