First look at the Canyon Grizl adventure gravel bike

Bike Hub Features

After turning heads and dividing opinions with the launch of the Grail and its "hover bar" in 2018, Canyon have added a new, more adventure oriented gravel bike dubbed the Grizl.

The Grizl builds on the successful formula of the Grail in sticking closely to a geometry mix that Canyon found works well, but amps up the accommodation for burlier tyres - up to 50mm on 700C wheels with 45mm fitted out of the box. The Grizl also brings mounting options on the fork legs, top tube, the usual bottle cage mounts, another below the top tube and a traditional handlebar setup. You should not be short of options when it comes to stowing extra gear, snacks or spares.

View full article

I'm riding the "adventure" gravel bike from Spez - the sequoia... Im so glad i went with it over the diverge - just so many more options, and honestly, I'm not fast enough to justify the cost in comfort and versatility - and im sure that's the case for 95% of the market.

Gravel bikes are great, but they're even better when you can race them, and tour them, and enjoy them.

I ordered a CF SL7 for a customer yesterday - can't wait to see it in the flesh!

28c tyres may look a little silly on a bike like this, but for the price of a new wheelset, I can have two bikes - and let's face it, on paper this looks a hell of a lot more than a gravel bike. Canyon's innovation might not always hit the spot, but they're trying at least

3 hours ago, Vaultboy said:

Are Canyons available locally? 

Yeah they are. There is a small Canyon shop in Stellenbosch, if you'd like to test ride one as well. 

Buying one seems to be a task on its own, they are always out of stock, when you have bought one, you will wait for quite a while to get your bike, more than the estimated arrival time suggested by Canyon. (pre-covid experience).

Loved this, went to the site with the intent to buy one, but can't order one. Only able to order in July again. Rather disappointing and knowing me, I will end up buying something else before then. 

4 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Loved this, went to the site with the intent to buy one, but can't order one. Only able to order in July again. Rather disappointing and knowing me, I will end up buying something else before then. 

Annoys me when you get sucked into the product only to be told you can’t have it 

I have bought many items to spite the false advertisers and rarely have I been satisfied 

mondraker f podium springs to mind 

29 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Annoys me when you get sucked into the product only to be told you can’t have it 

Watcha think. A pink one and a blue one ?

I went to fetch my Ultimate in Koblenz, maybe a post Covid trip should be planned.

Edited by eddy

25 minutes ago, eddy said:

Watcha think. A pink one and a blue one ?

I went to fetch my Ultimate in Koblenz, maybe a post Covid trip should be planned.

If you’re buying I’m in 

I don’t even do gravel but that makes me want one! Why Are you putting me on my knees screaming Canyon? Oh wait, getting one locally might just make me stand up rather and walk. ????????????

On 5/12/2021 at 9:32 AM, Vaultboy said:

Are Canyons available locally? 

Morning All

Yes, Canyon bikes are available locally and you have the option to order the bike yourself through the website, or through our office/showroom/cafe in Stellenbosch, 145 Dorp Street.

If you order the bike through the website (canyon.com/en-za/) yourself, you will have take responsibility for the clearing process through customs and Duty/VAT payment, with our assistance off course. Bikes over R50'000 you need an Import code, if you do not have one we will assist you with it.

But an better option especially for bikes over R50'000, is to make your order through our office in Stellenbosch and we handle the full process for you and you only pay the one local invoice. We keep you up to date as the bike gets closer you.

In-stock bikes takes on average about 10 days to your door, but could be between 5 and 14 days.

Yes, there are not many in-stock bikes at the moment from Canyon and as soon as new bikes launch it sells out very quickly due to the extremely high demand for bikes around the world. You only pay for your bike from 2 weeks before the shipping date, so if you have to wait, you ,ight as well place the order for the bike you interested in and wait it out, or if another opportunity presents itself you can always cancel the order.

For questions regarding Canyon:

Office: info@canyoncafe.co.za - 0672469254

Erik Kleinhans: ekleinhans@canyon.com - 0833442414

IG: @canyoncafe