First look at the Canyon Grizl adventure gravel bike

Bike Hub Features

19 minutes ago, Erikk said:

Morning All

Yes, Canyon bikes are available locally and you have the option to order the bike yourself through the website, or through our office/showroom/cafe in Stellenbosch, 145 Dorp Street.

If you order the bike through the website (canyon.com/en-za/) yourself, you will have take responsibility for the clearing process through customs and Duty/VAT payment, with our assistance off course. Bikes over R50'000 you need an Import code, if you do not have one we will assist you with it.

But an better option especially for bikes over R50'000, is to make your order through our office in Stellenbosch and we handle the full process for you and you only pay the one local invoice. We keep you up to date as the bike gets closer you.

In-stock bikes takes on average about 10 days to your door, but could be between 5 and 14 days.

Yes, there are not many in-stock bikes at the moment from Canyon and as soon as new bikes launch it sells out very quickly due to the extremely high demand for bikes around the world. You only pay for your bike from 2 weeks before the shipping date, so if you have to wait, you ,ight as well place the order for the bike you interested in and wait it out, or if another opportunity presents itself you can always cancel the order.

For questions regarding Canyon:

Office: info@canyoncafe.co.za - 0672469254

Erik Kleinhans: ekleinhans@canyon.com - 0833442414

IG: @canyoncafe

great reply Erik. Tell the guys in germany they will sell even quicker if they let MVDP race one in the short track this weekend.

Nice to see bike designers working closely with bag companies, although i expected to see Topeak filling this.

Edited by Shebeen

4 hours ago, Erikk said:

Morning All

Yes, Canyon bikes are available locally and you have the option to order the bike yourself through the website, or through our office/showroom/cafe in Stellenbosch, 145 Dorp Street.

If you order the bike through the website (canyon.com/en-za/) yourself, you will have take responsibility for the clearing process through customs and Duty/VAT payment, with our assistance off course. Bikes over R50'000 you need an Import code, if you do not have one we will assist you with it.

But an better option especially for bikes over R50'000, is to make your order through our office in Stellenbosch and we handle the full process for you and you only pay the one local invoice. We keep you up to date as the bike gets closer you.

In-stock bikes takes on average about 10 days to your door, but could be between 5 and 14 days.

Yes, there are not many in-stock bikes at the moment from Canyon and as soon as new bikes launch it sells out very quickly due to the extremely high demand for bikes around the world. You only pay for your bike from 2 weeks before the shipping date, so if you have to wait, you ,ight as well place the order for the bike you interested in and wait it out, or if another opportunity presents itself you can always cancel the order.

For questions regarding Canyon:

Office: info@canyoncafe.co.za - 0672469254

Erik Kleinhans: ekleinhans@canyon.com - 0833442414

IG: @canyoncafe

Erikk

If I place an order today do I pay the ZAR price as listed on the /za site or do you recalculate based on the exchange rate when it becomes time for me to pay ?

8 hours ago, Shebeen said:

great reply Erik. Tell the guys in germany they will sell even quicker if they let MVDP race one in the short track this weekend.

Nice to see bike designers working closely with bag companies, although i expected to see Topeak filling this.

SI202105091348_hires_jpeg_24bit_rgb.jpg

14 hours ago, eddy said:

Erikk

If I place an order today do I pay the ZAR price as listed on the /za site or do you recalculate based on the exchange rate when it becomes time for me to pay ?

Pull the trigger, buy 2 and test at swartberg with no training 

I’ll be on sweeper duty anyway 

2 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Pull the trigger, buy 2 and test at swartberg with no training 

I’ll be on sweeper duty anyway 

You know the curse of Eddy and Swartberg! The bikes will either end up being written off, Ian will be abducted by aliens and/or the pass will wash away the night before the race if you make him commit to this!

41 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

You know the curse of Eddy and Swartberg! The bikes will either end up being written off, Ian will be abducted by aliens and/or the pass will wash away the night before the race if you make him commit to this!

That pass washing year... the plaas jol that never was.

8 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

With my luck I'll find out I have leukemia.

Oh wait......????

Looks like the gravel movement is trying to invent a .... mountain bike. Sorry boys, its already been done. 

On 5/20/2021 at 2:25 PM, Headshot said:

Looks like the gravel movement is trying to invent a .... mountain bike. Sorry boys, its already been done. 

Looking at the 90s MTB maybe, some gravel bikes definitely sail close to this.
As far as a modern MTB goes, not quite. Have a CX bike, gravel and full sus light trail MTB. The differences are night and day between the three.