Website update gremlins

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I can't update my email address. I click on update Email Address after editing and it reverts back to the original address.

I will look into this.

In the meantime, I'll get in contact for new email details.

Before when I clicked a thread it took me to my first unread post ( which is very useful )

now it just opens the first page and then i can go to the last page which may not have the first unread post , then i have to go back 2/3/4 pages for example 

5 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Before when I clicked a thread it took me to my first unread post ( which is very useful )

now it just opens the first page and then i can go to the last page which may not have the first unread post , then i have to go back 2/3/4 pages for example 

I successfully changed mine here:

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Where are you looking / clicking from?

Does changing the setting here help? https://forum.bikehub.co.za/settings/links/

3 hours ago, JA-Q001 said:

The current topics also have a double slider, the inside one is non functional and hides the current reply count a bit. I keep seeing the time as the amount of replies.

image.png.6aa0201be55e1d94e0fce46df73ea421.png

3 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Also seeing that on my Chrome Browser on Windows 10

The team has pushed a possible fix for this problem.

Please let me know if you continue to see it.

1 minute ago, Nick said:

The team has pushed a possible fix for this problem.

Please let me know if you continue to see it.

Fixed????????

3 minutes ago, eddy said:

I don't have opinions of my own so I only like comments that the cool guys have liked, but I can't see who has liked a post anymore....

and why is there no downvote/dislike?

are we just expected to pretend to like each other now

3 hours ago, Christofison said:

Has the Forums/mycontent page been omitted?

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Check in the My Account drop down while in the Forum section.

Is that what you're looking for?

Should we consider making it more obvious to access?

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 09.57.14.png

UPDATE: The My Content page will also be terrible at the moment as we're still processing that data in the background. It should be done this evening or tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Christofison said:

Thanks Nick. It works fine there ???? I just didn't look carefully enough.

Although it would be nice if it were in the same spot when you're on the home page. I guess it doesn't show because the home page is actually the 'marketplace' and not the forums?

1 minute ago, Red Robin said:

Thank you for the update, I like it. Took me a few false starts to navigate but I can be a bit thick sometimes so all good. ????

Thanks for the feedback!

There are some significant navigation changes that will take some time to adjust to but please do let us know if the confusion persists. These things aren't set in stone.

8 minutes ago, Christofison said:

Although it would be nice if it were in the same spot when you're on the home page. I guess it doesn't show because the home page is actually the 'marketplace' and not the forums?

Thanks, I will take this feedback into consideration.

An ongoing puzzle we try to solve is catering to all the different users types on Bike Hub. Some never leave the Classifieds or Forums, others cross-cross between the two frantically. And simply throwing every possible feature into every menu can get messy.

Hi Nick. Is the list of active Off Topic chats going to make a comeback on the right of the page below the other topics.

5 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

Hi Nick. Is the list of active Off Topic chats going to make a comeback on the right of the page below the other topics.

It definitely can. We'll look at the options once we've ironed out the major functionality issues.