Website update gremlins

4 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Admin woke up and chose violence

All your snitch tagging awoke some demons ????

In seriousness though, the post recount is an unavoidable side effect of the content rebuild process as part of the upgrade. 

Consider @Nick's post a polite warning rather than an act of war. 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi admin, Under profile, Name, Surname, d.o.b etc is no longer displayed. Is this gone or will it be added?

9 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Admin woke up and chose violence

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

59d5gy.jpeg

Maybe take a screenshot for your good memories album ????

Who is leading these days?  @Tumbleweed is still on 52k posts

This might not be new, but I see there's also a default under people's name. Normally either "Ultimate Hubber" or "Rookie" (or you can add a quote like i did years ago). so where's the line drawn, 1000 posts? 

3 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

This might not be new, but I see there's also a default under people's name. Normally either "Ultimate Hubber" or "Rookie" (or you can add a quote like i did years ago). so where's the line drawn, 1000 posts? 

We haven't looked at this is in many many years.

Might be worth a quick rejig to bring it inline with the impressive post counts some of you are accumulating.

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 10.30.31.png

9 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Hi admin, Under profile, Name, Surname, d.o.b etc is no longer displayed. Is this gone or will it be added?

Hi Eddy

Will check this out for you to see what's available with the new platform. It could just be a settings change.

18 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

aa Hi admin, Under profile, Name, Surname, d.o.b etc is no longer displayed. Is this gone or will it be added?

Are they entered in your profile settings here: https://forum.bikehub.co.za/settings/

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 10.36.37.png

If they are, we might need to enable public viewing our side.

It also might correct itself once these details have been processed in the background in the next day or two.

Also, previously it may have been hidden from public view but you could see your own details. So possibly, some of the information was not viewable by other accounts, just your own. Trying to remember how we had set it ????

Ok I have been doing my best to get to grips with the new look, but unfortunately Admin I can not say I like it

It is very busy on a desktop, maybe just me that like things simpler. It seems more like a FB feel now, with people metioning me or reacting to my post etc.

Not really a fan of the new look. Not sure if anyone else feels the same

edit

Edited by Quagga

@QuaggaI think it brings a new element to exchanges to be able to tag someone in a reply. ????

Change will inevitably be uncomfortable for a lot of people. But I think there are enough positive changes to justify sticking it out a little longer until you get accustomed to the new lay of the land.

PS. I don't get your brake pads reference? 

Edited by Vetplant
Spelling, again.

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

@QuaggaI think it brings a new element to exchanges to be able to tag someone in a reply. ????

Change will inevitably be uncomfortable for allot of people. But I think there are enough positive changes to justify sticking it out a little longer until you get accustomed to the new lay of the land.

PS. I don't get your brake pads reference? 

Damn I edited the wrong post

Will fix now

I have a few comments. Since I cant tapatalk at the moment, browsing on the mobile is quite difficult because after you open  a thread you cant easily go back to the forum listing except for clicking the hub icon and then you have about three clicks to get back to the forum listing - bit clunky

clicking on a thread does not take you to your last position. it appears to take you to the last page only

10 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Ok I have been doing my best to get to grips with the new look, but unfortunately Admin I can not say I like it

It is very busy on a desktop, maybe just me that like things simpler. It seems more like a FB feel now, with people metioning me or reacting to my post etc.

Not really a fan of the new look. Not sure if anyone else feels the same

edit

Play it cool. If brake pads overheat when new, it can permanently change the underlying structure of the materials they’re made from – and not for the better. Until the brakes are fully bedded, drivers should avoid the heavy braking that leads to overheating: whether it’s because they’re braking from high speed, towing heavy loads, or driving on steep terrain.

can't please all the people all the time, I like it on desktop, less enthusiastic on mobile(for now).

no one likes change, but it is inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Will the spacing stay this narrow? It crowds the window(laptop) makes the post screen smaller thus also creating more pages I think.

hub.jpg

I have a gazillion of space - if the width of the site was 90% of the screen it would make reading threads a lot easier

Screenshot_space.thumb.jpg.08b8b055526776d121c0a559cb37fa39.jpg

Edited by Stretch

6 minutes ago, Stretch said:

I have a few comments. Since I cant tapatalk at the moment, browsing on the mobile is quite difficult because after you open  a thread you cant easily go back to the forum listing except for clicking the hub icon and then you have about three clicks to get back to the forum listing - bit clunky

Agreed. This is a bit clumsy. We'll think of ways to make this easier.