Website update gremlins

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Apologies for missing your earlier question.

If you click on the "My Forum Content" link under the user menu you'll go to a page showing all topics you've participated in ordered by most recent reply.

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/discover/content-posted

Thanks, option wasn't originally there... but it is now on PC.

How do I get to that option on mobile?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Alouette3 said:

Thanks, option wasn't originally there... but it is now on PC.

How do I get to that option on mobile?

Ok, had a look again. That menu option of "My Content" only displays when I'm in an actual thread. Does not show in drop down from Home page or from Classifieds section

Edited by Alouette3

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

I embraced the new tech deployed. Well done guys. 

The site is running buttery smooth for me. No CMD+Click issues me either. 

Middle-Mouse Click works very well for me to open up in a New Tab. No issues with it for me since the roll out

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

This has been mentioned once or twice but I'll add to the queue.

Active topics/active content. (Perhaps this needs for the catch-up process to complete?)

Every time I go back to the active list I need to change Content Types from Topics to All Content to be able to see any off topic threads.

If I save a new stream - it disappears as soon as I navigate away from the page.

If I amend the Topic selection inside Content Type > Topics - that too resets when I leave the page.

Frustrating

EdIT: (3rd edit because backspace seems to delete the entire edit...)

This above is from my PC, if I use my phone with normal chrome browser, active topics does show off-topic

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

same problem here

Me too, Desktop Active Topics is a hassle.

I like the Mobile Layout where there is an "Active Topics" link right there when you reach the last post of the thread, with some active topics also listed right there.

Maybe consider duplicating this over to Desktop?

i have noticed there is not a correlation between what i see on the mobile vs what i see on the web - on the mobile I can see all topics, while on the web it was filtered to hide certain topics - does it consider my mobile user as a different user to my web user? seems a bit counterintuitive

Tapatalk please - I like its simplistic navigation for a reason

3 hours ago, Matt said:

The Ctrl + Click issue is something we're investigating and hope to have resolved soon.

With regards to the navigation struggles, is that on a desktop or mobile device?

Similar to above, is your feedback based on desktop or mobile use? Could you provide an example of a navigation path you're now struggling with that was better/easier before?

Matt

I'm working on a laptop, not mobile.

As stated above already, before the upgrade there was a tab on the top right you could just click on, and all the Topics you interacted with / replied to popped up, and then you could see if there was any new replies to it. I can't seem to find a similar function on this version.

11 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Matt

I'm working on a laptop, not mobile.

As stated above already, before the upgrade there was a tab on the top right you could just click on, and all the Topics you interacted with / replied to popped up, and then you could see if there was any new replies to it. I can't seem to find a similar function on this version.

This is the issue I mentioned. That option only shows up when in an actual thread and not on the home page or classifieds section

5 hours ago, Chris_ said:

This has been mentioned once or twice but I'll add to the queue.

Active topics/active content. (Perhaps this needs for the catch-up process to complete?)

Every time I go back to the active list I need to change Content Types from Topics to All Content to be able to see any off topic threads.

If I save a new stream - it disappears as soon as I navigate away from the page.

If I amend the Topic selection inside Content Type > Topics - that too resets when I leave the page.

Frustrating

#metoo

6 hours ago, Matt said:

The Ctrl + Click issue is something we're investigating and hope to have resolved soon.

With regards to the navigation struggles, is that on a desktop or mobile device?

Similar to above, is your feedback based on desktop or mobile use? Could you provide an example of a navigation path you're now struggling with that was better/easier before?

On a laptop with windows 10 using Chrome browser

8 minutes ago, 117 said:

The "learn more"tab on the front page advert takes you no-where

Do you mean this one for the Merida NinetySix? That's unrelated to the site update, but more likely an ad blocker in your browser blocking the link.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 15.33.33.png
Here it is: https://www.merida-bikes.com/en/p/product-news-bikes/the-new-ninety-six-461.html?utm_source=bikehub.co.za&utm_medium=homepage_header&utm_campaign=IO551_bikehub