Website update gremlins

3 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Quick question, how does one end up Winning a day?

2021-05-19 08_25_13-Window.png

I dont even have that...clearly I am not a winner

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Stretch said:

It is gone for everyone.... nobody is a winner here. ;)

Guys, (TL:DR)

surely there must be a faster way to navigate around this site. Where's the drop down menus gone to?

One can't be expected to load multiple pages just to go from the forums to a specific classified section and vice versa?

Otherwise, it looks okay even though I hate change.

1 hour ago, stefmeister said:

Guys, (TL:DR)

surely there must be a faster way to navigate around this site. Where's the drop down menus gone to?

One can't be expected to load multiple pages just to go from the forums to a specific classified section and vice versa?

Otherwise, it looks okay even though I hate change.

Got you. We'll consider some solutions for this on the desktop menu.

10 hours ago, Nick said:

Got you. We'll consider some solutions for this on the desktop menu.

okay here's something that's been bothering me for a while , if i come across someone who has A star missing from their rating i proceed with caution. cause it's usually 5 stars or no stars. So if that person did something to warrant a bad review i obviously want to see it and decide if i want to proceed.

Now sometimes you might get someone who leaves a good review but only adds 4 stars , I'll get that person to remove that review rather cause the perfect overall review is what matters to me. Now the receiver of that review will have a graphic with either 4 stars or 4 and a half stars depending on how many perfect reviews they got before.

So does it matter if you get 40- 5 star reviews and 1-4star review will your overall review now be displayed with 4 stars or 4 1/2 stars ?

The old system seemed to split that graphic according to the percentile split between the reviews i.e.  5 good and 5 bad reviews means your overall graphic is displayed as 2 and a half stars.

I like the old system 

I'd hate to have 120 perfect reviews and have 1 4 star review that suddenly makes my overall look like 4 stars.

** This hasn't happened to me , I move heaven and earth if someone is unhappy with a sale or if they leave a bad review on my profile so this issue hasn't come up for me yet but I'm seeing it all over the classifieds where good sellers have this kinda of missing star graphic on their adds , while others that't can't read the god damn names of componentry on the stuff their selling have perfect review/graphics 

Thoughts ? 

7 hours ago, Stretch said:

If Oprah was Admin, we’d all be winners ????

This is not a Gremlin on the new site, but seeing as you are making updates...

Is it possible to have more MTB frame size options, like M/L which applies to brands like Trek ?

I think that this may also be useful on the road frame side too.
For example, Giant/Liv has XS to XL.
I have noted confusion when people list these bikes, they need to somehow convert their Small frame to a CM measurement (is that the seat tube or the top tube ?). So when you see a 54cm Giant frame, its not very clear. Especially if people don't post enough pics.

Thanks in advance

MTB Size.jpg

Road Frame Size.jpg

3 minutes ago, splat said:

This is not a Gremlin on the new site, but seeing as you are making updates...

Is it possible to have more MTB frame size options, like M/L which applies to brands like Trek ?

I think that this may also be useful on the road frame side too.
For example, Giant/Liv has XS to XL.
I have noted confusion when people list these bikes, they need to somehow convert their Small frame to a CM measurement (is that the seat tube or the top tube ?). So when you see a 54cm Giant frame, its not very clear. Especially if people don't post enough pics.

Thanks in advance

MTB Size.jpg

Road Frame Size.jpg

Or just the ability to select up to two sizes at the same time?

On 5/17/2021 at 9:10 AM, Chris_ said:

This has been mentioned once or twice but I'll add to the queue.

Active topics/active content. (Perhaps this needs for the catch-up process to complete?)

Every time I go back to the active list I need to change Content Types from Topics to All Content to be able to see any off topic threads.

If I save a new stream - it disappears as soon as I navigate away from the page.

If I amend the Topic selection inside Content Type > Topics - that too resets when I leave the page.

Frustrating

EdIT: (3rd edit because backspace seems to delete the entire edit...)

This above is from my PC, if I use my phone with normal chrome browser, active topics does show off-topic

Anything here? 

Mobile site has also regressed to only showing selected topics. 

On 5/16/2021 at 2:51 PM, Gen said:

How do I ignore/block a member on the mobile version huh? 

Sorry if I offended you ???? 

16 minutes ago, BigDL said:

Sorry if I offended you ???? 

I seldom get offended.. At times irritated and frustrated???? 

But did I miss something huh. 

Edited by Gen

2 hours ago, Gen said:

I seldom get offended.. At times irritated and frustrated???? 

But did I miss something huh. 

he was making a grappie

This is my issue with the active topics.

I save a stream to show everything - as below

1148674916_stream1.jpg.e1536833e7370d6e83029354bd774fd0.jpg

I then click Active topics on the top because I've been browsing and want to go back to the topic listing - and this is what I get

stream2.jpg.e96f3cd73b99af889b735c206ced9807.jpg

I cant however even switch back to the stream I saved previously - so every time I have to change Content Types to "All Content"

22 minutes ago, Stretch said:

This is my issue with the active topics.

I save a stream to show everything - as below

1148674916_stream1.jpg.e1536833e7370d6e83029354bd774fd0.jpg

I then click Active topics on the top because I've been browsing and want to go back to the topic listing - and this is what I get

stream2.jpg.e96f3cd73b99af889b735c206ced9807.jpg

I cant however even switch back to the stream I saved previously - so every time I have to change Content Types to "All Content"

go to the menus at the top and click on forums, you should get all active forums without that silly stream thing