Website update gremlins

On 6/1/2021 at 7:49 PM, Danger Dassie said:

I’m using Arctic Fox as a browser on Mac.  Unable to view images on forum, article and the reply box is just a narrow line.

Sorry about the delay. Could you share a screenshot with us, preferably via help@bikehub.co.za

Will have to see if we can replicate on this end, but it sounds like resources from our CDN for the forum (https://cdn.bikehub.co.za) are not loading correctly. If you have a firewall or similar blocker installed it might need t be added to the whitelist.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/2/2021 at 12:20 AM, Wayne Potgieter said:

Hi Matt.

I appreciate the need to update and modernise. I can also appreciate that its impossible to please everyone. But from my personal perspective, lack of Tapatalk and the obvious intention to remove/eradicate the off topic sections from being part of the standard view are a serious oversight for me.

For this reason, I find the site more trouble then its worth, to be honest, and have cancelled my Bike Hub Plus premium membership. Sort of no point supporting a site that clearly does not value the very areas that are important to me.

I truly hope you can change your view on the Off Topic section. Where that to happen, I would gladly renew.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback. 

We do recognise that we can't please everyone and I can fully appreciate that there's no reason to support us if we're not catering to what you find value in.

To clarify the points you raised:

Tapatalk - as mentioned earlier, this move was unfortunate but for good reason. There are some concerns over the security and general stability of plugin we are required to install to activate this. We know there is a small but avid user base of the app and had full intention to re-instate support following the upgrade, however security and privacy must come first.

Off topic - I do understand that with any level of uncertainly around non-cycling discussions the appeal dwindles for a user who's primary benefit lies there. It's no secret that it remains an area of consideration for us, and at the same time the upgrade meant the removal of some customisations we had in place to allow users to tailor what was in their "Active topics" feed. On the old version the inclusion of non-cycling topics in the Active Topics view was always an "opt-in, i.e. the Active topics view for a users defaulted to only showing cycling related topics (as it does now), but those who wanted could customise that. So for those who had customised it there will be a significant change, but for most others it's business as usual.

We will share some news later this week around the way forward for non-cycling discussions.

Regarding the forum search performance and accuracy, we're aware it's not up to scratch right now. It's slow and is quite limited when it comes to shorter searches (e.g. two letters). Results can and performance be a bit "patchy". 

With the platform update we do have the option to connect a better search engine vs. the default. We are in the process of exploring this option. For the moment a Google site search will be your best bet, but on-platform forum search will be improved soon.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, Stretch said:

not great news. I am not a big fan of browsing through the mobile browser because you end up with multiple active tabs on your mobile browser everytime I open the shortcut I created on my homescreen

Argh I agree.. This mobile browser is a pain with the shortcut..  It's sadly not going to work for me going forward. I thought I'd check out this thread to see when tapatalk would be back... Sigh ????

Edited by Gen

How do we clear our notifications? We used to be able to view all and then clear them. I can't seem to find an option to clear anymore.

image.png.469a07a61b70dac1e8d7af141385a906.png

image.png.4d08de2f83b88cb6d504163887aa0caf.png

@LWB,
There should be an option to "go to inbox".
Click on that link and it gives you the option to tick each conversation and delete it. 
image.png.9fff8c2d035533a40df00f076ff01a44.png
image.png.e2013422987b6362b195f3d9d803bd5f.png

Edited by Frosty
Added screenshots

16 minutes ago, Frosty said:

@LWB,
Click on that link and it gives you the option to tick each conversation and delete it. 

Thanks, G. I'll have a look.

Another useful feature would be a 'back to top' button as on some forums. When scrolling some threads with long posts it is quite tedious scrolling back to the top. 

image.png.256be22917d84504ea84dd7e12125dbd.png

Dark mode would be great as well.

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Is there the option to change date to something normal, and not Americanised? I looked but I don't have a 25th month in my calendar...

image.png.119ac6c7b24c79ceea35d02adcdcfbc7.png

its the 25th month of the year 2020, they have the year wrong. :)

On 6/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, Frosty said:

@LWB,
image.png.9fff8c2d035533a40df00f076ff01a44.png
image.png.e2013422987b6362b195f3d9d803bd5f.png

if I read the post it shows June 9, but when replying it shows the “25th month of 2020”.

And now I can’t upload any pics, unless I edit the post.

25EEB82F-5096-4651-BB3F-4CDFE49BB90F.jpeg

Edited by Frosty
Unless I edit the post

On 6/1/2021 at 6:16 PM, BigDL said:

100% - Ive hardly been on since the change for that reason 

Yep, don't spend as much time as I used to now that Tapatalk is gone.

On 5/31/2021 at 2:27 PM, Stretch said:

No tapatalk support is a game changer for me

100% in agreement.

There used to be a selection on the old site, towards the bottom of the page under forums I think. You could see who was online, who had posted how many times that day and then a list of all active accounts and how many posts each one had. Is this still available somewhere?

• 2 months later...