Where to buy bike stuff from? (Online)

RJClegg

The only LBS near me is Cyclelab in Fourways and they don't seem to stock a lot of things I'm after. 

So, I was wondering; where do people generally buy bike gear from? Like components, cleaning kits, tool kits, backpacks, clothing, etc? 

At the moment, I am looking for Muc-off cleaner kits; and not sure what sites I can and cannot trust. I read yesterday on these forums the CycleFactory closed long ago but site is still operating. Want to avoid these sorts of things. 

Would be great to have a nice Halfords type of deal (UK LBS) here in SA. But it seems we are very limited? Even trying to find a decent set of brakes (SLX or similar) and nice 1800mm rotors with adapters seems like an impossible task... 

Also need to consider the stock issues that are being faced at the moment. Led to believe that Shimano issues will only be resolved mid year (July) and Sram only in September.

58 minutes ago, RJClegg said:

The only LBS near me is Cyclelab in Fourways and they don't seem to stock a lot of things I'm after. 

So, I was wondering; where do people generally buy bike gear from? Like components, cleaning kits, tool kits, backpacks, clothing, etc? 

At the moment, I am looking for Muc-off cleaner kits; and not sure what sites I can and cannot trust. I read yesterday on these forums the CycleFactory closed long ago but site is still operating. Want to avoid these sorts of things. 

Would be great to have a nice Halfords type of deal (UK LBS) here in SA. But it seems we are very limited? Even trying to find a decent set of brakes (SLX or similar) and nice 1800mm rotors with adapters seems like an impossible task... 

Sportsmans warehouse stocks Muc-off products.

Takealot as well. Great range: https://www.takealot.com/all?filter=Brand:Muc-Off

Edited by Steady Spin

13 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Also need to consider the stock issues that are being faced at the moment. Led to believe that Shimano issues will only be resolved mid year (July) and Sram only in September.

I didn't realise there was a shortage. What's the cause?

54 minutes ago, Jehosefat said:

Thank you, very helpful. 

42 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Most Sportsmans Warehouse stock a fair range of MucOff product

Yup, just seen now. I can use my Discovery Miles there and get discounts too. That helps! 

Just now, RJClegg said:

They're closed. However site still up on the web. 

Do you know them? Are they a trust worthy bunch? Only reason I am asking, is because they seem to be very dead and website doesn't seem to be updated. Tried calling, but no answer as well.  I did not know that their shop was closed, thanks for that.

3 minutes ago, Shane__bob said:

Do you know them? Are they a trust worthy bunch? Only reason I am asking, is because they seem to be very dead and website doesn't seem to be updated. Tried calling, but no answer as well.  I did not know that their shop was closed, thanks for that.

No idea who they are; last I heard was they were trying to sell the site. They really need to take the site down. 

2 minutes ago, RJClegg said:

No idea who they are; last I heard was they were trying to sell the site. They really need to take the site down. 

Ah okay! Makes sense... I shall keep my money!

The troll in me wanted to say “the internet” 

but i have an exhaustive list of online stores in that linked forum above. if you cant find what you are looking for grom those stores...chances are it’s not available is SA