Silverback Sesta Pro frame damaged

spags

As the frame is out of warranty and i wasn't the original owner either, i have to claim through my insurers. The question is what would the equivalent replacement frame be if i had to use my existing components? Or are the components not compatible with the new frame geometry? Dilemma......what to claim for?

Take it to a trusted bike shop to assist you. They will be able to identify a replacement frame, as well as which components will or won't fit. You might also have luck contacting Silverback and seeing if they have framesets available - might be an easier fix. 

Thanks, LBS would be my next port o' call as i would have to get quotations through them. My LBS is a Silverback / Pyga agent so i'm sure they'll have more luck with Silverback than i did. Been battling to contact them directly but have managed to contact them via FB..........(not very responsive). Agree that the exact frame would be the easiest fix.

• 2 weeks later...

If it is a carbon frame, why don't you have it repaired?

It can be done so that the structural integrity is maintained and will be invisible to visual inspection. It will also cost much less than your excess and a rebuild 

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for the response, I've had the bike at "Carbon SA" and there recommendation is that the frame is replaced due to the brake position. They are prepared to fix it but will not warranty the repair knowing that it will break again.