Tubes for 40 mm gravel tyres

Spirog

Yes, I know... I should do the tubeless conversion on my gravel bike.

But, until I do, what tubes do I use for my 40 mm tyres?

Don't.

But no, my recent experience was that the normal larger road style tubes don't work at all. I know there are thicker enduro / DH tubes that might be better. I got 6 flats in one ride, despite pumping up as hard as possible to protect from pinches. 

10 minutes ago, Spirog said:

Yes, I know... I should do the tubeless conversion on my gravel bike.

But, until I do, what tubes do I use for my 40 mm tyres?

I picked up some gravel tubes from Cyclelab Fourways for the Cotic. 

I currently have road tubes in the 40mm tyres and I'm worried that they are stretched a bit too thin. 

I had to use the smallest 29" tubes on my bike  (tires are not tubeless ready)

EDIT - mine are 700x50C

Only Evobikes had Presta tubes with removable cores.  I used this so I can use "my" sealant, and to be able to top up later as needed.  Saw last night it is sold out. :(  This stock thing is getting really old now ....

Your next option is to look at Specialized, they may still have similar ... though significantly more expensive ....

Schreader options are readily available .... I just did not want the hassle of two different types of valves in the fleet at home.

IF you buy tubes with sealant .... you need something where you can top up the sealant later  (dont want to end with a short ride as we did last night, friends tube punctured ... held a short while, and then the lack of sealant had him walking back) .... Also these are way too big for the spare tube bag ....

Edited by ChrisF