JJONKER - SCAMMER!

mecheng89

Yip, here we go again. **** posted a Garmin Edge 530 for sale, e-wallet the money, zero comms anymore. 

Even got a mail from the Hub to say his account has been suspended for suspicious behavior. Hoping the bank can help me out. 

Scammer Warning

Good day,

Please be advised that the following user has been banned due to suspicious activity on Bike Hub:

Bike Hub Name: JJonkerJJ
Email: jbotha.zait@gmail.com
Phone: +27648282239

We’re notifying you because our records show that this user has interacted with you or your advert(s) on Bike Hub. They many have been in communication directly via Chat or via Phone/Email if these options are available on your advert(s).

Please ignore/block any messages from this person. If you would like to report any further communications received from this user or any suspicious activity please report it to us.

Either via the “Report” feature within Chat or by emailing us at help@bikehub.co.za

Regards,

The Bike Hub Team

Why did you send money via eWallet? Was he going to ship it to you? 

And sorry for your loss - getting scammed sucks :(

Edited by aquaratza

I cannot believe the phone call I got - the guy had the audacity and cheek to phone me back, gloating about the fact that he caught me, getting sexual satisfaction from the fact, and then..

PROCEEDING TO BARTER WITH ME, TELLING ME HE'D GIVE 50% BACK! 

Naturally I told him I want everything back since also asking back for half may seem suspicious when it comes to the bank's investigation. 

58 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Truecaller lists his number as being a scammer as well 

Screenshot_20210516-164240_Truecaller.jpg

Yes, I tagged him as a scammer a few minutes after I realised he was never going to give me the goods. 

1 minute ago, mecheng89 said:

I cannot believe the phone call I got - the guy had the audacity and cheek to phone me back, gloating about the fact that he caught me, getting sexual satisfaction from the fact, and then..

Naturally I told him I want everything back since also asking back for half may seem suspicious when it comes to the bank's investigation. 

Would it help to record such a conversation, and hand it over to the bank ?

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

Would it help to record such a conversation, and hand it over to the bank ?

I wish I had recorded it. Seeing as the majority of the conversation took place over WA Call, the recording isn't saved anywhere, unless someone can point me towards it in the phone's memory. Android. 

Why did you send money via eWallet? Was he going to ship it to you? 

I'd walk away, it's the hardest thing to do but doing anything else will just waste more of your time and/or money. Use this as a learning opportunity.

Okes, BikeHub pay.

Sorry, I know it's too late and being scammed sucks, but e-wallet transfers are notoriously 99% scammers. 

It is always a cheap Garmin or Thule and e-wallet. 

People lose their minds over a good deal and reason goes out the window. I'm sure deep down you knew this was a scam.

The amount of times the MA has been discussed on BikeHub is astounding.

I'm usually a really compassionate person who despises injustice, but these sorts of scams are rife. Trading in a free market on the internet is a dangerous place. Making sure you know what scams are being run all the time is basic due diligence.

Walking away is what keeps this kind of activity going, but sadly, there probably wouldn't be enough interest from authorities to pursue the matter and these cons know it.! ????

59 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Jiss. Warradoos.

I would love to gather a few Bloem dutchies.

Pitch up at his house in our bakkies.

Open up a can of whoop ass on him.

See if he is still so confident after that.