JJONKER - SCAMMER!

mecheng89

I agree with @Jewbacca. I've had a few attempts to scam me over the years, but always through Gumtree, never through BikeHub. I've done a few transactions now using BikeHub Pay and it works great. I don't mind paying the extra commission for the third-party trust - even so I'm super super wary.

I think it's a bit unfair expecting the police to magically catch this guy and return the cash - the fact of the matter is, he scammed the OP and he was able to do that because the OP was naive. It's called paying your school fees and we all have to go through it at some point... It doesn't make it right, it's just the way it is.

1 hour ago, Vetseun said:

Jiss. Warradoos.

I would love to gather a few Bloem dutchies.

Pitch up at his house in our bakkies.

Open up a can of whoop ass on him.

See if he is still so confident after that. 

Righteous! Two mates and I did that to a scammer who turned out to be a Dept of Justice official. He didn't have the cash and, being a new-to-the-city renter, ended up "offering" a laptop and ALL the clothing and shoes he wasn't presently wearing.  Laptop went to a retrenched guy starting a small business and great clothes were donated to charity. Cue Borat voice: "Great success!"

PS. Not sure how the scammer negotiated work the next morning after being left with just the short shorts and t-shirt he was wearing.

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Okes, BikeHub pay.

Sorry, I know it's too late and being scammed sucks, but e-wallet transfers are notoriously 99% scammers. 

It is always a cheap Garmin or Thule and e-wallet. 

People lose their minds over a good deal and reason goes out the window. I'm sure deep down you knew this was a scam.

The amount of times the MA has been discussed on BikeHub is astounding.

I'm usually a really compassionate person who despises injustice, but these sorts of scams are rife. Trading in a free market on the internet is a dangerous place. Making sure you know what scams are being run all the time is basic due diligence.

The politeness of this response is tops. Sorry though OP. 

Always check the Bikehub ratings. How long has the seller been a member for.

Ridiculous low price or too good a deal should also ring bells. When someone offers shipping etc rather than a "pick up" also rings bells

Be careful of scum nuts like this. Sorry for your loss

3 hours ago, aquaratza said:

Why did you send money via eWallet? Was he going to ship it to you? 

I'd walk away, it's the hardest thing to do but doing anything else will just waste more of your time and/or money. Use this as a learning opportunity.

So he claimed. But I have come to 2 conclusions after today - 
1. If the guy is advertising and his profile was created the same day, stay away or report.

2. If the person is asking for it via ewallet, stay away, no matter how convincing or how the good the deal may look

36 minutes ago, X-Man said:

Always check the Bikehub ratings. How long has the seller been a member for.

Ridiculous low price or too good a deal should also ring bells. When someone offers shipping etc rather than a "pick up" also rings bells

Be careful of scum nuts like this. Sorry for your loss

Same day profile was created as the ad being posted, so not even 24 hours. 

Or try this 

Ask for a picture of a tea spoon under the serial number of the product,  you can check the serial to see of legit and its also such an unusual picture if they send it to you , you can likely trust them 

This is not full proof