Who else have Tapatalk Issues

BSG

5 hours ago, Thug said:

Probably an Add-in to the forum software that Bikehub are not willing to pay for.

Perhaps it's because the users aren't the core business any longer?

Sure as heck I will not renew my plus subscription on Bikehub

Being forced to use chrome sucks on my iPad

Edited by Cois

On 6/30/2021 at 10:48 PM, Skylark said:

@Nick Is it official, Tapatalk is never returning to Bikehub?

On 7/1/2021 at 7:01 AM, WaynejG said:

I don't understand why Tapatalk is a issue? I am on quite a few other forums and Tapatalk works just fine.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:26 AM, BSG said:

Jip me too, 4x4 owners etc. But thats it, nobody really gives an answer to why Tapatalk and Bikehub isn't working together anymore ????????????????????????

Apologies for the radio silence on this @BSG and others. I had addressed Tapatalk in the "website gremlins thread" but missed this one. 

Unfortunately, for the foreseeable future Tapatalk will not be supported by Bike Hub. Tapatalk don't currently offer a stable version of the plugin for our forum software version. Furthermore, we encountered some concerns over the security and privacy of the plugin in general. We know there is a small but avid user base of the app and had full intention to re-instate support following the upgrade, however platform stability, security and privacy must come first.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:48 AM, Thug said:

Probably an Add-in to the forum software that Bikehub are not willing to pay for.

Not the case. It's actually free if we allow them to show their own ads. Or they ask a small fee of $10 a month to go ad free.

17 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

O well that is a pity. Will be spending less time here then.

Me 2.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, BSG said:

Good afternoon fellow cyclists.

Is it just me or is someone else having troubles logging into Bikehub through Tapatalk?

The error message I get is the following, "Network error, please try again later. (get_config)

On 5/16/2021 at 3:11 PM, Meezo said:

Is broken!

See website gremel thread

Thought I'd pop in on Tapatalk to say hi and found you guy's (and the entire Bikehub for that matter) moved.

Jumped on the www and after a quick search ended up here. If it is the new mobile version I'm working on now it really aint so bad (compared to the old one anyways). The only drawback/inconvenience will be not having Bikehub in the same "basket" (the Tapatalk app) as all your other frequented forum's. 

Still the same people and same banter as always though. 

6 hours ago, BenReaper said:

Thought I'd pop in on Tapatalk to say hi and found you guy's (and the entire Bikehub for that matter) moved.

Jumped on the www and after a quick search ended up here. If it is the new mobile version I'm working on now it really aint so bad (compared to the old one anyways). The only drawback/inconvenience will be not having Bikehub in the same "basket" (the Tapatalk app) as all your other frequented forum's. 

Still the same people and same banter as always though. 

Hello Benreaper. 

Tapatalk worked for me just fine for many years, yes maybe I can do the mobile version but it sucks big time. Maybe I must just learn how it works. ????????????????

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2021 at 5:54 PM, BSG said:

Hello Benreaper. 

Tapatalk worked for me just fine for many years, yes maybe I can do the mobile version but it sucks big time. Maybe I must just learn how it works. ????????????????

And eventually I've taken the big step, visiting Bikehub frequently again on my cell through www. Not really that tough ???? ???? 

My phone on iOS15 is a bit of a pain on bikehub at the moment. But it might be the Beta of iOS that causes problems, but I should hae gotten the iPhone 12 and not the 12 Mini. The screen real estate would be handy.