Mojoman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, rorydewet said:

still no update on what went down

is it something hubbers should know about or do we let it go?

Was also curious and wondering the same

MISSING PERSON FOUND.
RIETVLEI ZOO FARM.

On Sunday late afternoon Fox Tactical members responded to Rietvlei zoo farm on reports of a lady that is missing. The family of the lady said that the lady should've been home already and her car was located but no sign of her.

Fox Tactical units started the search of the trails on foot and requested assistance from SAPS K9 Search and Rescue and Afriforum Alberton to assist with their Thermal Drone . The search was conducted with SAPS K9 and Afriforum until the early hours of Monday morning with still no sign of the lady.

This morning Fox Tactical members joined forces again with SAPS K9 search and rescue, SAPS AIRWING, Brackendowns cpf, Mondeor cpf, kliprivier cpf, Fidilety and Gridhawk

At around 15h00 the lady was located on one of the trails leading back to the main entrance in a disoriented state by Rietvlei security Monitors that also assisted tremendously with the search. National Paramedics and Fox Tactical Medic treated the patient on scene for slight injuries and moderate dehydration, she was transported to a nearby hospital for further medical care. It was later established that the lady went for a walk when she slipped on the rocks, bumped her head and became unconscious.

We wish the lady a speedy recovery.

Well done to all the teams involved that did not stop searching.

All the hard work brought her home safely.

from the Fox security Facebook page.

3 hours ago, rorydewet said:

still no update on what went down

is it something hubbers should know about or do we let it go?

Having had a relative go missing sometime back we soaked up every bit of social media to find him and then it turned toxic as people started speculating. We found him unharmed but not in a good mental state , this case could very well be different but from my experience the best for the individual and family is to let it go. They'll tell us when they're ready if ever, once the person is found our job is done and it's now up to the family. 

Full article on Netwerk24 today.

She left the bike in the car and went for a hike.  Slipped on some loose stones, fell and hit her head.  She was dazed and decided to lie down for a moment ... she dozed off and woke up the next day, and walked back to the parking lot.

This can happen to each and every one of us that go out for solo rides ... main reason I try to only use well used trails, even though I am riding solo I see many other riders along the route.

GLAD she is okay

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

She left the bike in the car and went for a hike.  Slipped on some loose stones, fell and hit her head.  She was dazed and decided to lie down for a moment ... she dozed off and woke up the next day, and walked back to the parking lot.

This can happen to each and every one of us that go out for solo rides ... main reason I try to only use well used trails, even though I am riding solo I see many other riders along the route.

GLAD she is okay

I do the same, except I ride with mates, get home, pass out on couch and wake up the next day.

1 hour ago, Pure Savage said:

I do the same, except I ride with mates, get home, pass out on couch and wake up the next day.

I do the same - I call it a power nap ????

1 minute ago, reflexus said:

Or go for a ride, get bashed by a Polo and lie down in the back of a bakkie?

Sorry if this is too close to home... One of those hasty replies.

Glad she is OK and back home...

This reminds me as Scuba Diving saying "Plan the drive, and dive the plan"

Also for the cyclists "Plan the ride, and ride the plan"...

Even when I am ridding to the Cradle, my wife asks :

• Which route?
  • With who?
  • what time will you be home?
  • Put your WhatApp live location on... I often for get this one.

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

GLAD she is okay

I had a fall a few years back which put me in nap mode pretty much immediately while riding alone. I was eventually assisted by some fellow riders and good Samaritans all the way to hospital. I have splotchy recollection of the events that transpired. I am glad Kim came out relatively unscathed from this ordeal.

19 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Its fine :) My case actually went to trial last week.

Glad it went that far, hope it's a successful prosecution.

50 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I had a fall a few years back which put me in nap mode pretty much immediately while riding alone. I was eventually assisted by some fellow riders and good Samaritans all the way to hospital. I have splotchy recollection of the events that transpired. I am glad Kim came out relatively unscathed from this ordeal.

1 January 2019 I did a solo ride, normal Tygerberg trails.  Except on 1 January it truly is a SOLO ride ....  Had a bit of heat stroke, misjudged an A-frame along Protea corridor and went flying ....

Dusted myself off, rode home, had a shower ... when I got out of the shower my wifes face said it all when she saw all the bruises.  I asked for a snack, and sat down in front of the tv ..... apparently I passed out .... I came to as she opened the door for a buddy that she called to assist. :whistling:  And all I wanted to know was, where is my snack ...  :P

The lady of the house was NOT impressed ...

PS - I FIRST thing I did at home was to check the helmet for any signs of impact damage - NONE.

PLEASE fill in your details on your club cards .... IF the pudding hits the fan, at least make it possible for the good Samaritan to contact your people.  AND, make sure your medical info is on that card !!!