Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

late to the party, but for me,  the pinnacle for cycling at the Olympics is on the track. Reading the biographies etc, it would see that Olympics is a big deal for track cyclists. The biggest deal even. And on TV, it's a spectacle of note.

48 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

late to the party, but for me,  the pinnacle for cycling at the Olympics is on the track. Reading the biographies etc, it would see that Olympics is a big deal for track cyclists. The biggest deal even. And on TV, it's a spectacle of note.

For sure!!

Jean Spies is gonna be going...

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Impey is out of the Olympic games, Not enough time to recover from his crash he had. Replacement to be announced soon.

No no, its because he wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that he got in the way of somebody else's dreams. 

To be fair, the course would be brutal for him if he hadn't crashed, never mind after recovery.

I wonder who they will select. I'm openly anti olympics and global sporting events so IMHO they should just let the spot fall away. Flamesuit on

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

To be fair, the course would be brutal for him if he hadn't crashed, never mind after recovery.

I wonder who they will select. I'm openly anti olympics and global sporting events so IMHO they should just let the spot fall away. Flamesuit on

Why? Personally I don't care much for it...but anti-lympic?

1 minute ago, stefmeister said:

I worked in upper organising/management on 3 of them as well as Commonwealth games, F1, Rugby/Soccer/Cricket world cups, AFCON, Euros etc...... 

The Olympics is basically just a massive rapist of countries

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Hopefully somebody who doesn't need a Mr Min sponsorship. 

12 hours ago, stefmeister said:

how about the event generates Billions and not A cent of it goes to the athletes 

and don't give me that "but sponsors afterwards " , I'm definitely not anti-lympic but it's a gross scam to make money off people that pour their hearts into sports 

3 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

how about the event generates Billions and not A cent of it goes to the athletes 

and don't give me that "but sponsors afterwards " , I'm definitely not anti-lympic but it's a gross scam to make money off people that pour their hearts into sports 

Not looking to argue, here to learn more about this. 

Countries typically run these at a huge loss. 

So who makes the Billions? Big TV companies that have the broadcasting rights? 

1 minute ago, BaGearA said:

The event also COSTS billions. I'm talking about 120 million pound contracts for carpets that just go on wheelchair ramps at 150 pound a square meter.... Or 4 pound a loo roll moving thousands of loo rolls a week. Just the TIP of the ice berg. Lets not go into the small local businesses that get offered 'great' contracts, do the work then never get paid and go bust and never get paid....

I could go on.

They sell a dream, they sell glory, but really it's a deep dark hole of corruption, bribery, crooked ethics and money. 

I'd be more ok with it if they didn't sell it on the back of 'The Olympic Spirit'. Like F1. We know it's crooked. We know it's about money. So the dodgy contracts affected me less.

FIFA is worse...... But again, not sold on the back of a lie.

Anyway, the Olympics is my trigger. I'm sorry for ranting. I shall refrain and say I hope they pick someone who does us proud.

Just now, Vetplant said:

Not looking to argue, here to learn more about this. 

Countries typically run these at a huge loss. 

So who makes the Billions? Big TV companies that have the broadcasting rights? 

The billions are made by the Organisers brothers cousins.......

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

Like F1. We know it's crooked. We know it's about money. So the dodgy contracts affected me less.

HEY, no religious topics please.....and absolutely no blasphemy allowed. ???? 

Pay to play, go bankrupt to win.????

.There's a saying in motorsport, the quickest way to become a millionaire in motor racing is to enter it as a billionaire haha