Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

2 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Is Sagan riding the mtb or road ? I assume if the road profile suits him it would be a no brainer 

I thought with his knee surgery he wouldn't be able to ride.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be interesting to see what  happens with Team Slovenia, with Rodg and Podg, guess the latter will be the chosen rider but Rodg must have ambitions surely.  Will we see what happens on the road? Will the whipper snapper wilt?

2 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Going to be interesting to see what  happens with Team Slovenia, with Rodg and Podg, guess the latter will be the chosen rider but Rodg must have ambitions surely.  Will we see what happens on the road? Will the whipper snapper wilt?

Very good analysis of the protagonists on the Laterne Rouge.

Roglic will likely be more rested.

Lutsenko is my dark horse pick. He didn't seem to be too interested in the TdF.

15 hours ago, eala said:

He is good but there are some serious talent that he has to get behind him to medal and i don,t see that happening 

Could get lucky .... he was riding fiercely at Les Gets.

5 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Could get lucky .... he was riding fiercely at Les Gets.

I think the point is that he is not expected to medal, not that he isn't an outside medal possibility?

6 minutes ago, dsw said:

Pity that Jordi is missing out due to injury. Would have been one of SA's better hopes for at least a medal.

Ja, it's a big loss. Only 19 other male surfers to compete against would have definitely given him a shot.

Bianca is surfing well, so hopefully she gets on a roll.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:35 AM, FootballingCyclist said:

Ok ok, I'll be the 1st to admit I never ever thought the kit would look as good as it does. Even though it's not made by Castelli or Bioracer or Santini like alot of the other countries kits so they've got Aero socks and gloves and all the rest, I must say I think Maxed/Mr Price have done well with this one. Ashleigh even has the SA flag on the cuff of the bib and right sleeve, which I'm assuming is because she was the previous SA Ladies Road champ(I may be wrong but haven't seen any of the others in their kit). So well done to Maxed/Mr Price Sports. (Ps, I'll never wear their actual kit out of the store, the fit is horrible)

Edit: on closer inspection, I may be wrong, But seems the kit may have been made by Tactic, whose kits are kinda cool

IMG_20210721_082923.jpg

This is old kit that Ashleigh took with her.

Apparently Cycling SA don't have any kit.

2 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

So yesterday I chatted to a guy who works for Tactic and I asked a few questions. Ashleigh's kit is the Tactic kit you see as their factory is in Girona and she and Daryl are based there so had been working hand in hand with the factory(Daryl is obviously no longer riding) All the other cyclists will be wearing kit made by Bioracer as the the SA Olympic organizers never gave Tactic the quantities and sizes in time for production to be completed, However they have put in a tender for future events.

15 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

6 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

So yesterday I chatted to a guy who works for Tactic and I asked a few questions. Ashleigh's kit is the Tactic kit you see as their factory is in Girona and she and Daryl are based there so had been working hand in hand with the factory(Daryl is obviously no longer riding) All the other cyclists will be wearing kit made by Bioracer as the the SA Olympic organizers never gave Tactic the quantities and sizes in time for production to be completed, However they have put in a tender for future events.

wow cycling sa ... great job, not

15 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

wow cycling sa ... great job, not

surprise surprise... 

It an absolute joke by the sounds of it. Follow Rusty Woods on instagram and when you see the array of kit he got, goes to show how useless our national suppliers are.