Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

18 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

you're getting old.

Just wait up then lets hit the mast after

I do actually have the day off till 1PM tomorrow. If they get a wiggle on I have time for some tokai

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I thought this is how they would implement it but instead its more  a case of utilising suitable facilities that already exist in country. So If SA was to host and lets say Bloemfontein was the host city then one of the coastal cities would host some of the aquatic sports like surfing, sailing or oter sports where flat water is not a prerequisite.

If putt putt ever becomes an Olympic sport Bloem would be a good host city.

Many years ago I was forced to spend a weekend in that place and I can remember they had a very good putt putt course.

They were so proud of it that they even opened it on a Sunday.... the rest of the town was completely shut down  ????

I saw Rohan Dennis withdrew at the last minute from tomorrows road race in order to focus solely on the ITT.

It is probably best for Rohan but Richie P and the other 2 in the road team must surely not be happy especially as they were already a man short in comparison to the strongest nations.

The pressure is now really on Rohan to win the ITT. 

NETWERK24 het n artikel van n dame wat na haar kwalifiserende rondte flou geval het in die hitte.

Skynbaar HET hulle in soortgelyke toestande ge-oefen, maar die ekstra humiditeit vang hulle nou.

Strange. The wet bulb temps they quoted are not out of the ordinary for a summers day in Cape Town or durban

1 hour ago, dsw said:

Does anybody know why Meintjes is not in the Olympic team?

Surely the route suits him more then it suits Ryan for example.

Maybe he was not available? 

Louis Meintjes 2016 version was ideal for this course but not available. 

I've noticed quite a few of the riders who ride for teams with an Sworks bike sponsor are actually riding Specialized frames and not Sworks frames, Not sure why this is. Ashleigh is 1, Vollering is another, actually seems like all the SD workx ladies, Remco is another and I've seen a few others in the build up on their training ride pics they've posted, Just surprised the guys and ladies aren't riding the same bikes they've been riding all season.

Update: Afrter some digging, it seems that all the riders who ride the Specialized brand all have the same Special edition paint scheme just for the Tokyo Olympic games

Edited by FootballingCyclist

1 minute ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I've noticed quite a few of the riders who ride for teams with an Sworks bike sponsor are actually riding Specialized frames and not Sworks frames, Not sure why this is. Ashleigh is 1, Vollering is another,actually seems like all the SD workx ladies, Remco is another and I've seen a few others in the build up on their training ride pics they've posted, Just surprised the guys and ladies aren't riding the same bikes they've been riding all season.

I think you're seeing something that isn't there. 

Specialized is the sponsor. Sworks is simply the branding they (specialiozed) give their top of the range product.

The internet (including the SD Worx team website) says SD Worx have Specialized as a bike sponsor.

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

Specialized is the sponsor. Sworks is simply the branding they (specialiozed) give their top of the range product.

The internet (including the SD Worx team website) says SD Worx have Specialized as a bike sponsor.

What I'm saying is that the WT riders all ride Sworks frames and not Specialized frames (there is a slight difference in the 2 with weight as the seatpost and fork on the Sworks model is lighter) so it was surprising to see the riders on Specialized frames and not Sworks frames.

6 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Edited by FootballingCyclist
double Post

Just now, FootballingCyclist said:

I'm well aware of this, Was just expecting to see the riders on Swroks frames and not Specialized frames (Yes I know it's the same company but not the same frames)

I'm sure most of the teams have access to many frames from their bike sponsor.

Just now, TNT1 said:

I'm sure most of the teams have access to many different frame models from their bike sponsor.

7 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

I updated my initial comment as to why they're on the Specialized and not Sworks model 

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

I'm sure most of the teams have access to many frames from their bike sponsor.

Seems the Specialized frame they're all riding is a Tokyo Olympics Special Edition.

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I've noticed quite a few of the riders who ride for teams with an Sworks bike sponsor are actually riding Specialized frames and not Sworks frames, Not sure why this is. Ashleigh is 1, Vollering is another, actually seems like all the SD workx ladies, Remco is another and I've seen a few others in the build up on their training ride pics they've posted, Just surprised the guys and ladies aren't riding the same bikes they've been riding all season.

Update: Afrter some digging, it seems that all the riders who ride the Specialized brand all have the same Special edition paint scheme just for the Tokyo Olympic games

Yes it's an Olympic edition range called speed of light which is to honour how fast $15000 will leave your bank account for one