Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

8 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

What channel is the race. 207 has judo from 2004....

Seems like it might have been some technical difficulties either with the broadcast that side or Supersport. Doesn't look like many of the channels are showing what they're scheduled to show

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Block said:

Just heard that Cycling SA was again able to stuff up whatever they are suppose to organize.

Our Olympic cycling team only received their cycling kit today. During practice over the past few days they all had to ride in their pro team kit, some even had to borrow kit from other competitors. When the kit arrived today there was apparantly major sizing issues as well as not enough kit for our riders. When will these guys stop embarrasing our national team.

It was a total mess up. Only got their kit early Friday morning.

And to top it off, the kit is apparently not UCI legal so they will incur a fine on top of the fines already received for training in non country kit.

1 minute ago, JCA12 said:

Nic Dlamini with the leaders. 5 riders in the lead. Not great broadcasting not showing the names of the riders or time gaps consistently.

There we go. Leaders have 17:30 to peloton

18 minutes ago, JCA12 said:

There we go. Leaders have 17:30 to peloton

Can the break mkae it all the way?

4 minutes ago, tjjbasson@gmail.com said:

Can the break mkae it all the way?

Possibly but doing think so. Looks like Peloton has been has been taking time back but don't have time gaps. 

And the final 50 odd k will be the decider

See Juraj Sagan also in the break. 

Belgium and Slovenia setting the pace 132k to go

20k to Mt Fuji. 

Edited by JCA12

15m50, 130odd km to go. 

Bigger gap than anything we saw at the TDF. 

Will be hard work to bring it back but the climbs swing the advantage back to the favourites behind. 

3 minutes ago, JCA12 said:

Possibly but doing think so. Looks like Peloton has been has been taking time back but don't have time gaps. 

And the final 50 odd k will be the decider

I hope they underestimate the boys in the break. I can't imagine taking back 17minutes to someone, but then again my surname is not Pogacar

35 degrees with humidity on the island, cooling and hydration strategies whenever possible. To climb 4800 + meters in these conditions, met eish.

Great to see a Souf Effrikan in the break. Wow. After his pain of crashing out of the Tour de France, Nic’s show of character and strength here is very inspiring. 

81177DF8-BC19-47D9-B41C-41114FBEB93C.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale