Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Wil be tough to bring back Carapaz and McNulty unless the chase group work together but a few of them haven't done 1 pull at all, leaving all the chasing to Van Aert and Pogacar. Pretty pointless saving your legs and not putting in an effort to catch the break if the break isn't going to be caught and your fighting for 10th...

And the result reflects the quality. Yates tried and ended up where he always rides.... At the back of the group

Just now, JCA12 said:

Love that the top 3 all did the Tour and worked hard there. Sticks it to the guys withdrawing to focus on Olympics

2 top 3 on GC and a 3 time stage winner

29 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I'm loving Aussie Man. Even the sensors version is pure comedy.... riviting
stiff

He's a kiwi, he's about the only commentator that is about for them. No idea  how he scored the olympic job and we're having to listen to it! Man had to keep turning the sound off. He's like the manager in Flight of the Concordes. Unreal. He was the same for the Cricket World Cup for Kiwis vs the english just buthchers everything. 

"Rich'ard Carapaz... or as they say on the continent Richard Carapaz" - Pure Gold. Loved how he missed that Carapaz came 3rd in the Tour this year and has won the Giro and kept reeling off his giro stage wins and his Tour Du Swiss result this year. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Alan bought and paid for his own kit from Bioracer 

Yes most of then did so I'm wondering what caused the delay in delivery. On Thursday I asked him why he was still in trade kit and he said he still hadn't received his race kit but he knew what the design looked like I. E. Like Ashleighs.

But it's history now. Looking forward to the ladies race tomorrow and men's xco on Monday. I hope Candice has a good result on Tuesday.

I see Stefan De Bid finished 52nd ahead of Nibali and Quintana, among others. Decent result. 

Gibbons and Dlamini DNF

2 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

What happened to the other great Belgian hope - Evenepoel?

I'm not the greatest fan.... perhaps it's the media keep making him better than he really is?

Evenepoel 49th

So Mr Gritty himself takes it ahead of all the rock stars.

Only the second gold medal ever for Equador at the Olympics.

They had only 2 riders in the field so Richard was really up against it.

What a rider!!

19 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Ryan and Nic =DNF

Pretty high attrition rate that includes many notable Pro tour riders

Something to do with the heat and humidity I mentioned?

What a brilliant result - I have been rooting for Richie since he ever showed himself as a bike racer. Its just so amazing what cycling can do for a person who comes from such humble and hard working origins.

Very clever riding and did so well to keep the chasers at bay, although if they had rode with Wout he might have been caught. Whatever ... I am very happy with the podium.

20 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Something to do with the heat and humidity I mentioned?

Commentary team seems to think it played a role. Nic was in the break for a long time and they did expend a lot of energy to keep it that way. Could simply be a matter of too many matches burned. The race pace was pretty high