Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 years old, the powerhouse that is AvV - silver, wow, what a bike rider. Somehow she had matches left after that earlier attack.

Kiesenhofer, a recognized time trialist but without a WorldTour team or any teammates in the race, came into the event as an absolute outsider for a medal but a perfect storm of questionable tactics from the major nations – especially the Netherlands - and incredible legs from the 30-year-old were enough to seal the gold medal in dramatic style.

What a ride.

I really am a fan of no radios in racing

3 minutes ago, JCA12 said:

Seems like the Peloton (or at least the Dutch) didn't realise Kiesenhofer was up the road

IIRC, no team radios in Olympics, so very likely. they must have had time gaps though, but couldn't do much. you'd have figured that after chasing for 10km and the gap not changing they'd have reckoned there was some strong legs up the road.

Such a deserving win for Keisenhofer. 

Ja it is great without radios. But I can't believe they didn't know. 

But brilliant from Kiesenhofer to win from the original break at km 0

Sometimes the break stays away ,...

Annemiek not looking chuffed. Looks like she thought she got Gold. Apparently trained in a sauna.

In her post-race interview on BBC, Lizzie Deignan stated that she thought the best lady won today, Annemiek van Vleuten ????

The peleton (and the Dutch) really didn't know that Kiesenhoffer won.

1 minute ago, lechatnoir said:

IIRC, no team radios in Olympics, so very likely. they must have had time gaps though, but couldn't do much. you'd have figured that after chasing for 10km and the gap not changing they'd have reckoned there was some strong legs up the road.

Such a deserving win for Keisenhofer. 

Yes but what I'm referring to is AVV said she thought she had won. Thought they would have known someone was up the road

Persistence. Resilience. Dogged belief.

Anna Kiesenhoffer have lost her WorldTour contract a few seasons ago, kept on rolling and have likely reignited her career, if she chooses to say yes to new professional offers for 2022. 

Pic: Getty Sport Imagesspacer.png

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Persistence. Resilience. Dogged belief.

Anna Kiesenhoffer have lost her WorldTour contract a few seasons ago, kept on rolling and have likely reignited her career, if she chooses to say yes to new professional offers for 2022. 

PhD in Mathematics apparently. Obviously chrunced a few numbers in advance.