Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

Methinks that is a lot less funny and a lot more offensive than you think it is.

Longo Borghini is a world class rider with impressive palmares. Not a punch line for your bro jokes.

Although what is hilarious is the Antipodean commentator calling her Lamborghini and he's not far off, she's pretty fast.

Darn its been two days of family name butchering...

Tatjana is now Soonmaker ( I do admit to really taking the **** out of my Aussie friends. They still cannot get Scheveningen right)

Edited by DieselnDust

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

As for the feeding error I don't know what happened there but Nic did ignore the offer of a bottle so I'm not sure it's all CSA fault. Something about taking a horse to water. Would
he have lasted longer if he had eaten more and hydrated more? Maybe I don't have access to his files.

Was it CSA’s fault that he missed the time cut at the Tour too? 

"Now I‘m old, I’m 30, and I started to realise that all those people who say they know, they actually don’t know. Many of them don’t know, and especially those who say that they know, don’t know, because those who do know say that they don’t know."

- Anna Kiesenhofer, Olympic gold medal winner. 

31 minutes ago, dsw said:

How to win an olympic gold medal in cycling according to Anna    :) 

Anna Kiesenhofer the anti-authoritarian 'mastermind' of her own Olympic glory | Cyclingnews

Great insight into what makes Anna tick and I can identify with so much. Quite a special human. ❤️

28 minutes ago, dsw said:

"Now I‘m old, I’m 30, and I started to realise that all those people who say they know, they actually don’t know. Many of them don’t know, and especially those who say that they know, don’t know, because those who do know say that they don’t know."

Great quote and so so so true

29 minutes ago, dsw said:

Sounds more like a doctor of philosophy than mathematics!

38 minutes ago, dsw said:

Let me try to translate...

520605203_images(5).jpeg.e0a8536025fe4c92efb5ef8cf41917c3.jpeg

Great win and seems like a deserved winner.

Edited by Roul
Spacing.

1 hour ago, Roul said:

Let me try to translate...

520605203_images(5).jpeg.e0a8536025fe4c92efb5ef8cf41917c3.jpeg

Great win and seems like a deserved winner.

haha...very good.. Old Frankie as Yster Swart  :) 

I don't understand this Olympic triathlon story, or at least not the bike leg.

Seems the whole field is together, cruising along. Why is anyone bothering to pace though? Then one dude literally just rolled off the front without any response from anyone, and it seems that no one is chasing at all, and he took a 15s lead on the bunch, but now they're chasing him on the run? Surely it's easier to chase on the bike with a drafting advantage. I don't really watch triathlon, but flip these tactics make no sense to me

DSTV ai ai ai ... instead of programming for XCO on 207 as scheduled I see Darth Vader types with emaciated unlit sabers tapping each other #SMK

On 7/19/2021 at 12:44 PM, Long Wheel Base said:

Sooooooo if Wout wins or does well, then what excuse do all these okes have for pulling out the tour early? 

I will be rooting for Wout in both disciplines and I think he will most certainly be the marked man, He will need to ride the RR very smart.

Soooooo, the podium were all TDF finishers and 2 of them were on the TDF podium and the other won the last 2 stages. 

Who was the highest finisher that left TDF early to prepare?