Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Alan 8th. 79 secs down. He might have been too Conservative at the start but a great ride as he was down by more than that gap.

he was pinched out on the start into that rock section and came about in 19th. Put his head down and came back to a solid 8th by the end. Was as high as 7th at 1 point and seemed to lose it alittle the last 2 laps. 

Great ride and solid from 16th at the last olympics.

At least Alan had no mishaps and could give it his all... 8th is probably a fair reflection of where he stands in the world of Cross Country mountainbiking.  His compatriot Henry Schoeman was not so lucky as he was forced to withdraw from the tri during the run leg. He looked splendit up till then after a great swim and very comfortable bike.... and then his ankle decided it had enough. 

1 minute ago, J Wakefield said:

he was pinched out on the start into that rock section and came about in 19th. Put his head down and came back to a solid 8th by the end. Was as high as 7th at 1 point and seemed to lose it alittle the last 2 laps. 

Great ride and solid from 16th at the last olympics.

What happened to his trade team mate, was just ahead of him I think for most of the race?

Kudos to Alan!

8 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

What happened to his trade team mate, was just ahead of him I think for most of the race?

Kudos to Alan!

popped and he was supposed to be the guy most used to the conditions.

Alan had two mishaps on the opening start loop. Got pinched at the start then got caught up behind one of the Swiss riders when they stalled on a rock garden. We was way down at the end of the startloop. 

18 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Tom is an atypical Pom, he doesn't drink and he is not into football. Good lad!

Leeds (where he is from) is a nice place, 

What remains now is downhill.

He certainly doesn't appear to be the typical arrogant POM dumb ass.

Edited by TheoG

17 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Another solid outing by AH. He is placed consistently now in the top 10 of what is a very competitive and deep field. Great ambassador for Cannondale and South Africa. Proud. ????

Best result for Team Cannondale as well

4 minutes ago, INDABUSCHE said:

Sorry guys, who on earth was the male commentator for the 2 road events.

they were the regular Euro/GCn commentators, but men's and ladie's events were diffent