Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

Seems a bit contrary... I've worked on enough of these events to know that there would be something written in the race book or at a briefing which the cool kids almost never read/attend.

There was some confusion at the 2012 Olympics at the BMX track and some guys nearly missed the start at the 2010 CommonWealth games if I remember correctly, due to some people not reading the race books or attending briefings.

(Just cycling examples, many issues at aquatics and other venues too for the same reason).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, L46 said:

Massive talent yes, but remind us again of his success in cyclocross or road cycling without just quoting Gerald? 

Huh? 

10 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

His manager was told at the briefing 

Then really his manager should have communicated this to him, look like the Dutch don't like talking to each other .... ????

Seems like he thought the ramp was 'only removed for the test event' and not 'they removed it at the test event after the practice so logically they are going to do that now. How did your manger, team mate and everyone else know this????'. 

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

It appears that the Dutch have some serious communications issues. The teams were informed the pallet wouldn't be there for the race so I wonder if MVDP got the memo? Seems unlikely as he rode (as Eldron pointed out) like there was supposed to be a bridge there.

Candice commented on Insta, that the bridge was going to be removed for the race.

The Dutch is definitely not having a great cycling Olympics so far

20 minutes ago, Eldron said:

The thumb under the chin ????????  Universal code for "I was kakking off".

Moe importantly he received all the pre-race briefing material and knew where the  the bridges were going to be :) so we're not as kahk as advertised

3 minutes ago, jdwet1980 said:

This is passion! Or maybe a bit too far...

Waiting on the complaints about the hip actions during celebrations.

18 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Waiting on the complaints about the hip actions during celebrations.

The spelling of her name is far more offensive.

(Before some twit threatens to "report me", it's a *** spelling. And, I don't find the coach's enthusiasm offensive)

(also, don't pussyfoot around, the report button is right there)