Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

51 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Been ignoring all news and social media to watch that race. Respect to Tom firstly, and the man is a beast. We'll never know what we don't know, but no guarantees MVDP would have caught him anyway. Based on form alone, Matias was best placed to see him and he also didn't. 

I have a few questions. If we were never going to use the ramp why was it there in the first place. Different sports I know, but MotoGP/F1 do not place certain obstacles for whatever reason and remove them on the day. It is, what it is. Why put it on? 

Surely Dutch communication is at an all time low, but as you clearly said, they "figured". Pretty sure a drop like that was NB to make sure everyone on the same page. Really disappointing the way that ended. 

Nino battled, just the end of an era? 

Alan did good! 

Rant over. 

image.png.a8e9b72c80ae7c968d1b8e3a907c3dfe.png

An insider (in the village) mentioned that some of the teams, although empathising with the Dutch riders, are wondering if karma is at play because last week the Dutch Team managements was walking about super confident and farting arrogance. So far they only have one Silver for their efforts and lot of questions around what could g.o wrong next. The atmosphere isn't a happy one.

Meanwhile over in the SA camp there's a bunch of happy people but two riders feeling a little bummed that luck didn't go their way. But at least no ones pointing fingers at CSA (except on social media). Also our riders and the team admin were informed about the bridge being removed for the race. What went wrong on the way to the Dutch camp well, we'll never know as its all a bit of who didn't say what.

Good news is that MVDP didn't fracture anything in the fall. What's next? Well I guess we'll have to ask his agent but rumour is that they lost the dart board with the UCi calendar printed on it and the ambidexterous dart chucker ended up taking a detour to Thailand instead of Japan. So I guess its regrouping proper now. Back to the road and no more MTB for MVDP which is as annoying as it is disappointing. This lack of focus is starting to cost results. Lets hope he wakes ups and sees the wood from the fire

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tim Brink said:

Dutch BMX team "Hold My Beer"

Proper Japanese Kamikaze. Someone should tell him the war is over. Him and the captain of the boat at the triathlon. 

13 minutes ago, jdwet1980 said:

Proper Japanese Kamikaze. Someone should tell him the war is over. Him and the captain of the boat at the triathlon. 

Order! Order! ????

10 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Been ignoring all news and social media to watch that race. Respect to Tom firstly, and the man is a beast. We'll never know what we don't know, but no guarantees MVDP would have caught him anyway. Based on form alone, Matias was best placed to see him and he also didn't. 

I have a few questions. If we were never going to use the ramp why was it there in the first place. Different sports I know, but MotoGP/F1 do not place certain obstacles for whatever reason and remove them on the day. It is, what it is. Why put it on? 

Surely Dutch communication is at an all time low, but as you clearly said, they "figured". Pretty sure a drop like that was NB to make sure everyone on the same page. Really disappointing the way that ended. 

Nino battled, just the end of an era? 

Alan did good! 

Rant over. 

image.png.a8e9b72c80ae7c968d1b8e3a907c3dfe.png

I agree, why even have it there? If it was for safety, then why remove it... surely safety would not reduced in exchange for nice video/photos right?

That said, what a mamparra not to make sure that you know what is coming.

Edited by Zatopek

10 hours ago, Puncture Kid said:

Anywhere where a reply is available? Useless DSTV has no replays as far as I can find

BBC.

seems the start on GCN had no commentary, but 10min in, Aussie woman and Gerald have made an appearance. 

Just now, lechatnoir said:

+3:26 @6km

Do they take you off if you get lapped?

2 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

we'll find out today. some riders are straggling. course needs lots of power and overnight rain has made it greasy and the smoother rocks are tricky.

10 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

If run like normal XC then yes, often before they are lapped, the are constantly culling slower riders from the back each lap to stop congestion in bottlenecks by slower riders.