Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

Are we only discuss the events that features a bicycle, or are we going to mention any other great performances by Team SA so far? Ps can we claim Flora Duffy's gold medal in the triathlon as she is currently living and training (to some extend) in SA?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, hopefield said:

Are we only discuss the events that features a bicycle, or are we going to mention any other great performances by Team SA so far? Ps can we claim Flora Duffy's gold medal in the triathlon as she is currently living and training (to some extend) in SA?

The thread was split.. There is a 'non cycling' olympic thread

7 hours ago, Eldron said:

Just saw the highlights after the race and Daaaaaamn! Neff almost pulled a MvdP over the drop when her and PP were battling early on.

Flip it was close if you look at the second pic. I reckon if she touches her front brake, or was going slightly slower, she goes straight OTB. Definitely helped that she had a dropper post. MVDP should take some notes. 

image.png.0138c8bcde2705946e848a5c12992c67.png

image.png.e63b76a1ebc3230b5829ea941dbf42c1.png

image.png.5aaf213bc8a8c10f4a7d893f5024dd02.png

image.png.e7a6b6640a2c55377b176b80c87100a7.png

6 hours ago, amac said:

They have the ramp in practice so that you can safely determine how fast you have to hit the take off to reach the landing. If you too slow, you land on the ramp without crashing. 

I'm not sure if it was always going to be in place for the womans race or if they changed it due to the conditions. But if it was always the plan to have it there for the woman, it kind of would make sense to leave it there for the practice sessions and just tell the men it won't be there in the race.

Like if men and woman want to practice at the same times, or if they don't want to move the thing the whole time depending on who is on the course, you have to have the ramp in place and just tell the men not to use it. The men can still practice the exact race situation with the ramp in place, but the woman can't replicate their race conditions if it's not there. 

Edited by Mountain Bru
Spelling

2 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

I'm not sure if it was always going to be in place for the womans race or if they changed it due to the conditions. But if it was always the plan to have it there for the woman, it kind of would make sense to leave it there for the practice sessions and just tell the men it won't be there in the race.

Like if men and woman want to practice at the same times, or if they don't want to move the thing the whole time depending on who is on the course, you have to have the ramp in place and just tell the men not to use it. The men can still practice the exact race situation with the ramp in place, but the woman can't replicate their race conditions if it's not there. 

I saw a post by Candice on IG which indicated she expected the ramp to be removed for the race.  

Any links available to watch the MTB highlights on Youtube?

Asseblief en dankie!

Edited by gerriemtb
Bad english

4 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

The thread was split.. There is a 'non cycling' olympic thread

This thread doesn't come up as it's non cycling so it's hard to find. ..... Maybe the answer was just to have a free for all on the cycling thread rather

1 hour ago, Puncture Kid said:

Any idea if there is a DSTV replay of the ladies MTB?

It was scheduled for replay at 7pm

51 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

There's a bit of drama over that drop, Yo!anda says PFP braked just before that drop, forcing her off line over the top, then she realised she had to gap her

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/neff-decries-ferrand-prevots-stupid-move-in-tokyo-olympics-mountain-bike-race/

PFP does sometimes take the technical bits at her own pace it's like she needs a lap to get her confidence whereas Jolanda attacks the features. Jolanda obviously came in hot. She should have given PFP a bit of breathing space.

19 minutes ago, amac said:

I saw a post by Candice on IG which indicated she expected the ramp to be removed for the race.  

Yes I saw that. They were told if the storm hit and the course was too wet the bridge would be placed. If it was dry it would be gone. The forecast since Friday spoke of rain for both men's and womens
race. The in again out again nature of Schrodongers bridge should be addressed going forward. Those who could jump it were faster anyways so it should have just stayed put.