Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done with the race, real awesome riding by Jolanda. Had it totally hooked from the get no questions, not sure what Pauline was doing when she got passed but I've realized in life and racing it is what it us. Am sure Nino was jealous watching and proud at the same time. 

Loana never got going, and I hate to be nasty but I think she went a little Dutch (overconfident) having hit everyone four races in a row and wasn't considering loosing. But she will be back, and back hard. 

I did ask about the ramp yesterday and I really think its stupid. Everyone there is a professional. Nobody needs the ramp for practice, you go and look and do the best, and if you cant get it then too bad. But, hey. 

Been scrolling and nobody speaking of Candice's performance, so I'll walk away too...:) 

1 minute ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Done with the race, real awesome riding by Jolanda. Had it totally hooked from the get no questions, not sure what Pauline was doing when she got passed but I've realized in life and racing it is what it us. Am sure Nino was jealous watching and proud at the same time. 

Loana never got going, and I hate to be nasty but I think she went a little Dutch (overconfident) having hit everyone four races in a row and wasn't considering loosing. But she will be back, and back hard. 

I did ask about the ramp yesterday and I really think its stupid. Everyone there is a professional. Nobody needs the ramp for practice, you go and look and do the best, and if you cant get it then too bad. But, hey. 

Been scrolling and nobody speaking of Candice's performance, so I'll walk away too...:) 

And then there's this:  Olympic Champion Criticizes Rival for 'Stupid Move' - Pinkbike

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

This thread doesn't come up as it's non cycling so it's hard to find. ..... Maybe the answer was just to have a free for all on the cycling thread rather

You must make sure All Content is selected in Content Types, at the top of the page. Then NCR stuff will show.

image.png.5f8a3e4700935cfe4e09e05712579ddc.png

1 hour ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Neff is maybe justified in being annoyed if PFP braked super hard before the drop. It's probably the worst place for someone to brake in front of you if you're trying to carry speed and not just roll down the ramp. And at the front of the race on lap 1, I don't think you'd expect the person in front of you to be slowing down for the drop. The men all just cruised over it at speed on lap 1 until MVDP came along.

And I think PFP has a wrong perception of what happened when she was overtaken though. Neff was miles from her on a completely different line and left a gap for her on the little uphill kick. Looks more like PFP made a mistake and went a bit off the course, or pulled her front brake and lost the front a bit. Either way, her comments look more like sour grapes to me than anything else. Things happen fast though, so maybe she hasn't seen the replay and just knows how she felt when it happened. 

image.png.781dc09f6b0cdaa57b6956d3bf38be8d.png

image.png.17b38853071ea97c0ebe598485aac488.png

image.png.121fe17d23bb732183271b98f09cb192.pngimage.png.e6983a768e74aca68926508185ae86d8.png

Edited by Mountain Bru

It seems the changes that were made to the track due to the heavy rains overnight caught many off guard: route changes, no A lines, one lap less, So the Swizz girls claim they were able to dial into the new setup beforehand thanks to their teamwork and technical coach, whilst others bemoaned the changes. Some didn't even check it out in the practice session before the race apparently.

Perhaps some of the changes were in response to the big off from MvdP, the course got dumbed down imo.

But why one lap shorter? That was a travesty.

Edited by kosmonooit

1 hour ago, Mountain Bru said:

Neff is maybe justified in being annoyed if PFP braked super hard before the drop. It's probably the worst place for someone to brake in front of you if you're trying to carry speed and not just roll down the ramp. And at the front of the race on lap 1, I don't think you'd expect the person in front of you to be slowing down for the drop. The men all just cruised over it at speed on lap 1 until MVDP came along.

And I think PFP has a wrong perception of what happened when she was overtaken though. Neff was miles from her on a completely different line and left a gap for her on the little uphill kick. Looks more like PFP made a mistake and went a bit off the course, or pulled her front brake and lost the front a bit. Either way, her comments look more like sour grapes to me than anything else. Things happen fast though, so maybe she hasn't seen the replay and just knows how she felt when it happened. 

image.png.781dc09f6b0cdaa57b6956d3bf38be8d.png

image.png.17b38853071ea97c0ebe598485aac488.png

image.png.121fe17d23bb732183271b98f09cb192.pngimage.png.e6983a768e74aca68926508185ae86d8.png

she is also positioned too far back on the bike so it likely her front wheel was bounced or slipped on the slick rock

Remco within 3s of H Houle at the half way point. (22km out of 44km)

Seems Houle faded over the 2nd lap. Thus if Remco is doing a Negative Split he will has a good chance of moving into the hot seat.