Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

10 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Neff is maybe justified in being annoyed if PFP braked super hard before the drop. It's probably the worst place for someone to brake in front of you if you're trying to carry speed and not just roll down the ramp. And at the front of the race on lap 1, I don't think you'd expect the person in front of you to be slowing down for the drop. The men all just cruised over it at speed on lap 1 until MVDP came along.

And I think PFP has a wrong perception of what happened when she was overtaken though. Neff was miles from her on a completely different line and left a gap for her on the little uphill kick. Looks more like PFP made a mistake and went a bit off the course, or pulled her front brake and lost the front a bit. Either way, her comments look more like sour grapes to me than anything else. Things happen fast though, so maybe she hasn't seen the replay and just knows how she felt when it happened. 

image.png.781dc09f6b0cdaa57b6956d3bf38be8d.png

image.png.17b38853071ea97c0ebe598485aac488.png

image.png.121fe17d23bb732183271b98f09cb192.pngimage.png.e6983a768e74aca68926508185ae86d8.png

Spot on Bru!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

she is also positioned too far back on the bike so it likely her front wheel was bounced or slipped on the slick rock

It looked almost as if she popped an unintentional wheelie...

3 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

then came Uran... jeepers...

Yeah, we'll see by the end just how far off the winning time Evnepoel is then, cause this is not Mick Jagger's day.

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

she is also positioned too far back on the bike so it likely her front wheel was bounced or slipped on the slick rock

Exactly, came for this comment, wrong body position. I would imagine on those rocks, with some dirt still stuck to your tyres, it doesn't take much to break traction. Body weight being too far back and upright, you'd struggle to make any correction then.

4 minutes ago, stefmeister said:

Exactly, came for this comment, wrong body position. I would imagine on those rocks, with some dirt still stuck to your tyres, it doesn't take much to break traction. Body weight being too far back and upright, you'd struggle to make any correction then.

She also just seemed to run out steam on that rocky ascent, what's the antonym of sending it?

Certainly Yo!anda did not get in the way.

5 riders within 15s at the halfway mark

Roglic, Dennis, TomD, Kung, WvA

(My order isn't correct)

Epic final lap incoming

Just now, Vetplant said:

(My order isn't correct)

Epic final lap incoming

Make that 6.

Ganna is in the fight! 8s down on Roglic

8 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

(My order isn't correct)

Epic final lap incoming

Will definitely be an epic final lap. Some nail biting stuff here. Asgreen & Roglic overtakig each other, TomD emptying out the tank (and some food), Ganna flying like a mad man on course that's not ideally suited for him