Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Tom sets the benchmark.

What can the others do...?

A huge margin for the Dutch rider on Uran's time, 1:13 better.

I told you it wasn't mick jagger's day.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lechatnoir said:

that was a solid PK for the rest of the field. after 2020 TDF and the misfortune he's had this year, I'm really happy for him. thoroughly deserved.

Very Happy for Roglic.

Personally I would have loved a Gold for WvA as a reward for his effort on Saturday but it wasn't to be.

Roglic really attacked the inclines and it paid dividends.

Looking forward, Vuelta is going to be great fun with Roglic seemingly fully recovered, against Tadej and Bernal.

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

Very Happy for Roglic.

Personally I would have loved a Gold for WvA as a reward for his effort on Saturday but it wasn't to be.

Roglic really attacked the inclines and it paid dividends.

Looking forward, Vuelta is going to be great fun with Roglic seemingly fully recovered, against Tadej and Bernal.

It was an all TJV show. Also would have loved to see WvA take Gold but quite stoked for Rog

11 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Neff is maybe justified in being annoyed if PFP braked super hard before the drop. It's probably the worst place for someone to brake in front of you if you're trying to carry speed and not just roll down the ramp. And at the front of the race on lap 1, I don't think you'd expect the person in front of you to be slowing down for the drop. The men all just cruised over it at speed on lap 1 until MVDP came along.

And I think PFP has a wrong perception of what happened when she was overtaken though. Neff was miles from her on a completely different line and left a gap for her on the little uphill kick. Looks more like PFP made a mistake and went a bit off the course, or pulled her front brake and lost the front a bit. Either way, her comments look more like sour grapes to me than anything else. Things happen fast though, so maybe she hasn't seen the replay and just knows how she felt when it happened. 

image.png.781dc09f6b0cdaa57b6956d3bf38be8d.png

image.png.17b38853071ea97c0ebe598485aac488.png

image.png.121fe17d23bb732183271b98f09cb192.pngimage.png.e6983a768e74aca68926508185ae86d8.png

At the Drop PFP is ahead and therefore owns the line and how she wants to enter. The rider behind has to keep clear. Jolanda should have been more patient and waited just a second to see how PFP was going to tackle the obstacle. So I can't agree with jolanda's criticism of PFP here. PFP losing her front wheel had nothing to do with Jolanda. Her line choice was a bit suspect and tyre choice also looked a little too light on tread for the conditions, almost like  they (the French team) expected it to be totally dry. The CX crash were Jolanda broke her arm was a similar situation, She was a bit too overzealous in overtaking. There does seem to be an undercurrent between Jolanda a few of the ladies. Jenny has openly admitted its there. 

I'm also not convinced that Jolanda is as sweet and innocent as the Goldie Locks image projects

Looks like he intentionally gave up the road race to be 110% ready for the TT

Awesome ride an what a way to save his season

it appears Slovenians can kayak and ride bikes

1 minute ago, lechatnoir said:

and Dennis joining next season... Glory! If there was ever a team made to do a TTT

dennis is a chjop, other than a TTT he would be no use for TJV

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

At the Drop PFP is ahead and therefore owns the line and how she wants to enter. The rider behind has to keep clear. Jolanda should have been more patient and waited just a second to see how PFP was going to tackle the obstacle. So I can't agree with jolanda's criticism of PFP here.

She was a bit too overzealous in overtaking. There does seem to be an undercurrent between Jolanda a few of the ladies. Jenny has openly admitted its there. 

There is/ was a bit of a rise before that drop, right? anyway if you want to send it over that drop, you will need to build up and have speed, so if the person in front of you slows down, kinda stuffs it up for you, but can you hold that person responsible? You need to avert / take appropriate action, but easier said than done in hindsight.

And you do need to be aggressive in over taking / moving up (within reasonable bounds) otherwise its never going to happen. All is fair in love and war!  But seems to be a few bad vibes around the ladies XCO bunch at the moment, which is unusual.  Sour grapes from the outgoing champ? Her result was not what she expected I am sure.

The Swiss ladies also seemed to get tire choice right for the day, which surely made a difference.

If outsider Blanke KV can come for the back row to 4th place, surely anything is/was possible.