Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

10 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I'd suggest to the place where they were actually designated to be?

The track mechanic was not sent as the road mechanic aswell, So why would he be at the ITT events?

The cycling code manager I can understand was at the ITT for Ashleigh aswell as Stefan.

Probably because the Track Mechanic has also been filling in as the road mechanic, the MTB mechanic and just the mechanic. as well as the luggage porter.

Maybe more information is needed before lighting the fire, warming up the tar while plucking the geese

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Bear in  mind that while track practice is happening , there medal opportunity events happening at the same time. So should the support go to athletes participating in events or those practicing?

Dunno. SASCOC took 185 athletes to Tokyo, but can only give an estimate total number of athletes and support staff, and they gave that as 303.

Given that there are large teams in that athlete's number, who don't need a support person for each member of the team, it seems fair to assume there are enough places to give at least a person for road and a person for track.

I also assume of course there are a lot of hangers on in that number just along for the holiday in Japan, right?

2 minutes ago, madmarc said:

This been bugging me !! what are all those thingy majigs under her downtube ?

Captureeeeee.JPG

I also checked those out, what the hek, like fins, i swear i saw other bikes with those as well.

1 minute ago, Spafsack said:

I also checked those out, what the hek, like fins, i swear i saw other bikes with those as well.

I was just about to ask the same question. Mud shedding?

Edited by I FLY

The Ozzie commentator was going on about how lovely Jolanda is every second sentence ???? 

54 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Dunno. SASCOC took 185 athletes to Tokyo, but can only give an estimate total number of athletes and support staff, and they gave that as 303.

Given that there are large teams in that athlete's number, who don't need a support person for each member of the team, it seems fair to assume there are enough places to give at least a person for road and a person for track.

I also assume of course there are a lot of hangers on in that number just along for the holiday in Japan, right?

I dont have a detailed split on the delegates. Will do deeper digging when time allows. I do know that each discipline does have its own mechanic but there has been cross pollenation as travelling between venues is a challenge due things like there being limited vehicles to move staff around. The organisers are also allocating resources based on team size, medal opportunities etc

PS: Also need to consider that not our athletes are actually in Tokyo yet. It would be interesting to see the logistics plan. Football, Rugby, Water Polo, Swimming and Netball typically attract large contingents or officials. CSA usually get the smallest number of resources due to fewer athletes. How are the resources being shared, prioritised and allocated. 

Nut ya look, if we didn't make some drama we'd have nothing to chat about neh.

I'm sure all the things that went wrong will get its air time. Till then I'll get the popcorn ready

Edited by DieselnDust

20 minutes ago, madmarc said:

This been bugging me !! what are all those thingy majigs under her downtube ?

Captureeeeee.JPG

Duct tape folded over on itself. Its kind of a mud collector that can be torn off quickly

PS: its will be the rage at the Epic on Epics this year

Edited by DieselnDust
additional chirp

16 minutes ago, I FLY said:

I was just about to ask the same question. Mud shedding?

Does not make sense to me actually, seems those fins will hold mud, weird....

12 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Does not make sense to me actually, seems those fins will hold mud, weird....

its a tear off. but since it flaps about it will shed th emud when it gets heavy. When its too loaded the mechanic just reaches out and pulls it off and the rider can continue for a few more laps. saves up to 2kg of mud weight (apparently but I can believe that number)

49 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I dont have a detailed split on the delegates. Will do deeper digging when time allows. I do know that each discipline does have its own mechanic but there has been cross pollenation as travelling between venues is a challenge due things like there being limited vehicles to move staff around. The organisers are also allocating resources based on team size, medal opportunities etc

PS: Also need to consider that not our athletes are actually in Tokyo yet. It would be interesting to see the logistics plan. Football, Rugby, Water Polo, Swimming and Netball typically attract large contingents or officials. CSA usually get the smallest number of resources due to fewer athletes. How are the resources being shared, prioritised and allocated. 

Nut ya look, if we didn't make some drama we'd have nothing to chat about neh.

I'm sure all the things that went wrong will get its air time. Till then I'll get the popcorn ready

Ahhhh plenty drama happening in the football camp don't you worry, Coaches almoast coming to blows where players had to step in, team talks taking place via whatsapp as they needed to stay apart, Players threatening to Boycott the night before the 1st game because of contracts which were promised which never came.. Ahhh it's lovely LOL

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

At the Drop PFP is ahead and therefore owns the line and how she wants to enter. The rider behind has to keep clear. Jolanda should have been more patient and waited just a second to see how PFP was going to tackle the obstacle. So I can't agree with jolanda's criticism of PFP here. PFP losing her front wheel had nothing to do with Jolanda. Her line choice was a bit suspect and tyre choice also looked a little too light on tread for the conditions, almost like  they (the French team) expected it to be totally dry. The CX crash were Jolanda broke her arm was a similar situation, She was a bit too overzealous in overtaking. There does seem to be an undercurrent between Jolanda a few of the ladies. Jenny has openly admitted its there. 

I'm also not convinced that Jolanda is as sweet and innocent as the Goldie Locks image projects

This.????

3 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

that was a solid PK for the rest of the field. after 2020 TDF and the misfortune he's had this year, I'm really happy for him. thoroughly deserved.

I've got a lekka soft spot for the man - he comes across as gracious, hardworking, a real team man and he's a champion.

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

At the Drop PFP is ahead and therefore owns the line and how she wants to enter. The rider behind has to keep clear. Jolanda should have been more patient and waited just a second to see how PFP was going to tackle the obstacle. So I can't agree with jolanda's criticism of PFP here. PFP losing her front wheel had nothing to do with Jolanda. Her line choice was a bit suspect and tyre choice also looked a little too light on tread for the conditions, almost like  they (the French team) expected it to be totally dry. The CX crash were Jolanda broke her arm was a similar situation, She was a bit too overzealous in overtaking. There does seem to be an undercurrent between Jolanda a few of the ladies. Jenny has openly admitted its there. 

I'm also not convinced that Jolanda is as sweet and innocent as the Goldie Locks image projects

Totally agree with this sentiment.

When you are controlling a vehicle you are focussed on what's going on in front of you not behind you ... particularly when negotiating an obstacle (jump, drop, log) etc. It was Pauline's perrogative to ride that jump in the safest way possible according to how she felt at that moment and it was JN's responsibilty to make allowances for the rider ahead of her.

IMHO JN came in too hot, realized that she had made a cock up and took evasive action at the last moment and she can be very lucky that she didn't OTB!

If she had OTB'd it probably would have been game over for her.

So it appears to me JN is trying to deflect her stuff up.

Edited by CraigT48
spelling