Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

It makes a huge difference. Over a course like today's, the latest skinsuit technology is probably worth around 30 seconds.

Just stress the fact again that we as a nation is unprofessional when it come to the Olympics.  Its up to the pure brilliance of the individual to get a medal, our teams are very unlikely to succeed simply because they depend a lot on the support team which seem to be MIA.

2 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

We should do a comparison between those, and me with clip on tri-bars from 1993 and a skinsuit even older than that.

Everyone LOVES See through baggy lycra!

3 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Just stress the fact again that we as a nation is unprofessional when it come to the Olympics.  Its up to the pure brilliance of the individual to get a medal, our teams are very unlikely to succeed simply because they depend a lot on the support team which seem to be MIA.

Like our entire nation, if you want anything, has to be private, health care - private, airline - private, schooling - private. Poor athletes being paraded around by political vulatures a week before olympics.

1 minute ago, Pure Savage said:

Everyone LOVES See through baggy lycra!

I think I actually have my old man's skinsuit he used in the 1980 olympics somewhere. I'll use that.

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

aaah the old it was the heat that made me do it <the heat brought out the true person for sure...>

That is pathetic.... Cool, it's ok to be an outright racist but if you are stressed and it's hot and you apologise, it's ok.

Pffft..... Scratch the Germans. Racism definitely does not fit in with the 'Olympic spirit'

9 hours ago, babse said:

still see posts on Jeans IG stories...

no F8ks given

argh you know its the same pooh every time we have a major tournament. Athletes deflecting from failure to deliver. Now we have a situation where the awol mchanic will be blamed for us not bringing home a medal. I'm so over excuses. 

We're just not good enough so participation itself is a blessing and a privilege. I don;t who falls for the following:

• my skinsuit was too short
  • my mechanic wasn't here to tell me I can ride my bike
  • my tyre lost 2psi so I couldn't ride faster
  • my skinsuit only has 27 panels and I normally ride with a 27,5 panel skinsuit
  • my helmet was twisted slightly to the left so it made turning right really hard
  • my team manager doesn't like me so he gave me 0,5gr too much protein

At the end of the day winning and losing requires a team of aligned people and by posting pooh about your team and federation on social media but you cant go tell them face to face makes that oke a coward and therefore doesn't deserve the tax payers money that sent him there. They sound like they're at a Tryathlete convention

Why don't they just take up the issues internally and get aligned? Instead its like a bunch of school lighties bickering across Whatsapp without the people they should be bickering about, knowing. Stupid!

PS: Thanks Ashleigh and Nic for representing SA with exceptional grace and humility. <Huge Applause>

Edited by DieselnDust
inserted words to complete sentence

5 hours ago, Spafsack said:

I think Yolanda was and still is a better rider in heavy tech stuff, did you see how smooth, fast, fearless she was, that is what made that race. All the other xco races were about pure fitness, strength, but this one was different. They should really all just kiss and make up ????

Agreed - she is fearless and you could see the hesitations of PFP. Weren't they on the same road team  at one stage? Liv?

20 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Neff is maybe justified in being annoyed if PFP braked super hard before the drop. It's probably the worst place for someone to brake in front of you if you're trying to carry speed and not just roll down the ramp. And at the front of the race on lap 1, I don't think you'd expect the person in front of you to be slowing down for the drop. The men all just cruised over it at speed on lap 1 until MVDP came along.

And I think PFP has a wrong perception of what happened when she was overtaken though. Neff was miles from her on a completely different line and left a gap for her on the little uphill kick. Looks more like PFP made a mistake and went a bit off the course, or pulled her front brake and lost the front a bit. Either way, her comments look more like sour grapes to me than anything else. Things happen fast though, so maybe she hasn't seen the replay and just knows how she felt when it happened. 

image.png.781dc09f6b0cdaa57b6956d3bf38be8d.png

image.png.17b38853071ea97c0ebe598485aac488.png

image.png.121fe17d23bb732183271b98f09cb192.pngimage.png.e6983a768e74aca68926508185ae86d8.png

Those screen grabs make it even worse