Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

5 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

now if Richard was a self respecting kaapie he'd have his dentures capped in gold too

He could easily pass for many of my bras here in the Cape ????????

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

The Executive Board of CyclingSA would like to announce the acceptance of the resignation of Secretary-General, Mr. Elton Davids. The resignation comes following an investigation into the conduct of Mr. Davids at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, where he served in the position of Code Manager responsible for efficient planning and management of all logistics and arrangements of the SA Olympic Cycling team.

During the Games, SASCOC notified CyclingSA that a complaint had been received against Mr. Davids and requested that he return to South Africa prior to completion of the Games. As the complaint was potentially in contravention of the safeguarding codes of SASCOC and CyclingSA, the Executive Board of CyclingSA took the decision to temporarily suspend Mr. Davids from duty upon his arrival in South Africa to allow an investigation by SASCOC upon completion of the Games.

SASCOC issued a directive at the end of September allowing CyclingSA to commence the federation’s own internal process in terms of HR and other policies and codes.

Through an internal investigation into the primary complaint, a number of other concerns came to light, which formed part of the charges brought against Mr. Davids during the internal disciplinary inquiry.

The CyclingSA Executive Board received the final report from the Disciplinary Chair, but prior to deliberating on the report’s outcome, Mr. Davids tendered his resignation with immediate effect. As the disciplinary inquiry had concluded, the Executive Board agreed to accept Mr. Davids resignation as a form of admission of guilt after completing their review and deliberations.

In accordance with procedures, the Board has tabled the matter for further ethical review by the Independent Compliance and Advisory Board (CAB) to deliberate on whether Mr. Davids may have any future involvement within CyclingSA’s structures.

As SASCOC instituted the initial case into Mr. Davids conduct, they have been furnished with the final report and outcome of the disciplinary inquiry. SASCOC continues to follow its internal process to review the matter through its structures.

The Executive Board has appointed Transformation and Capacity Building Manager Somi Thinga as the Acting Secretary-General while due process is followed in selecting a permanent replacement.

5 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

The Executive Board of CyclingSA would like to announce the acceptance of the resignation of Secretary-General, Mr. Elton Davids. The resignation comes following an investigation into the conduct of Mr. Davids at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, where he served in the position of Code Manager responsible for efficient planning and management of all logistics and arrangements of the SA Olympic Cycling team.

During the Games, SASCOC notified CyclingSA that a complaint had been received against Mr. Davids and requested that he return to South Africa prior to completion of the Games. As the complaint was potentially in contravention of the safeguarding codes of SASCOC and CyclingSA, the Executive Board of CyclingSA took the decision to temporarily suspend Mr. Davids from duty upon his arrival in South Africa to allow an investigation by SASCOC upon completion of the Games.

SASCOC issued a directive at the end of September allowing CyclingSA to commence the federation’s own internal process in terms of HR and other policies and codes.

Through an internal investigation into the primary complaint, a number of other concerns came to light, which formed part of the charges brought against Mr. Davids during the internal disciplinary inquiry.

The CyclingSA Executive Board received the final report from the Disciplinary Chair, but prior to deliberating on the report’s outcome, Mr. Davids tendered his resignation with immediate effect. As the disciplinary inquiry had concluded, the Executive Board agreed to accept Mr. Davids resignation as a form of admission of guilt after completing their review and deliberations.

In accordance with procedures, the Board has tabled the matter for further ethical review by the Independent Compliance and Advisory Board (CAB) to deliberate on whether Mr. Davids may have any future involvement within CyclingSA’s structures.

As SASCOC instituted the initial case into Mr. Davids conduct, they have been furnished with the final report and outcome of the disciplinary inquiry. SASCOC continues to follow its internal process to review the matter through its structures.

The Executive Board has appointed Transformation and Capacity Building Manager Somi Thinga as the Acting Secretary-General while due process is followed in selecting a permanent replacement.

What did he do or didn't he do?

I remember chatter during the Games that athletes were left to fend for themselves and Mechanics from other federations had to assist in some instances, is this related to that?

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I remember chatter during the Games that athletes were left to fend for themselves and Mechanics from other federations had to assist in some instances, is this related to that?

Just now, Danger Dassie said:
1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Look up “safeguarding codes sascoc”

13 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Look up “safeguarding codes sascoc”

Thank you, found a news article from June 2021, I am now up to speed. Sometimes it is very sad how slowly the wheels turn on these things.

Edited by Vetplant

39 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Thank you, found a news article from June 2021, I am now up to speed. Sometimes it is very sad how slowly the wheels turn on these things.

Oh ok, I didn’t know of any articles. Just searched safeguarding code on sascoc and google.

Just now, Danger Dassie said:

Oh ok, I didn’t know of any articles. Just searched safeguarding code on sascoc and google.

The DA asked questions in June 2021 about something in his past and why he was appointed to the Olympics Squad with this on his record. From there I just connected the dots to paint a picture of what this is all about.

51 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

The DA asked questions in June 2021 about something in his past and why he was appointed to the Olympics Squad with this on his record. From there I just connected the dots to paint a picture of what this is all about.

Ah ok, link?