Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

26 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

It an absolute joke by the sounds of it. Follow Rusty Woods on instagram and when you see the array of kit he got, goes to show how useless our national suppliers are.

So I have a few friends going to the Olympics(do I keep good company or perhaps they just keep bad company??) Anyway, as I was saying, The kit supplier seems to be Maxed (Mr Price Sport), the trainers are cheapos, the tracksuits aren't bad in terms of quality and the casual clothes like Tshirts, Golf shirts and shorts and slacks are apparently literally what you can go into the store and buy off the shelf, Olympic Logo and alles, off the shelf. The travel bags are of a good quality. Hockey ladies like their kit but the soccer guys are proper bleek, the training kit and match kit fit is apparently diabolical to say the least. (SA are currently playing against Japan, 0-0 currently)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

So I have a few friends going to the Olympics(do I keep good company or perhaps they just keep bad company??) Anyway, as I was saying, The kit supplier seems to be Maxed (Mr Price Sport), the trainers are cheapos, the tracksuits aren't bad in terms of quality and the casual clothes like Tshirts, Golf shirts and shorts and slacks are apparently literally what you can go into the store and buy off the shelf, Olympic Logo and alles, off the shelf. The travel bags are of a good quality. Hockey ladies like their kit but the soccer guys are proper bleek, the training kit and match kit fit is apparently diabolical to say the least. (SA are currently playing against Japan, 0-0 currently)

Lost for words. You would of thought that they would have learnt a lesson from the Fark up at the 2016 Rio Games.

Whilst Alan's team mates wear their Olympic kit for training rides, Alan wears his team kit, perhaps he isn't happy with the Team kit or just chose not to ride it in training?

Screenshot_20210722-141927_Instagram.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

1 hour ago, FondTF2 said:

Lost for words. You would of thought that they would have learnt a lesson from the Fark up at the 2016 Rio Games.

Results / Outcomes / Deliverables  don't matter here, Sweat-heart "empowering' tenders & contracts do.

59 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Whilst Alan's team mates wear their Olympic kit for training rides, Alan wears his team kit, perhaps he isn't happy with the Team kit or just chose not to ride it in training?

Three leftys ... ????

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Is there not an Olympic ban on wearing white socks and shoes for MTB?

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

The latter. or he hasn't received his kit yet

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

The latter. or he hasn't received his kit yet

Probably only got one set, and doesn't want to have to do a wash every night.

The mtb course is so intense, if anything like it was at the test event. Short punchy ups and downs. lots of technical bits. Opens up now and again for space to overtake. We will see lots of drama.

Agreed ... the riders are going to have their work cut out in the heat and humidity on that course and if it rains some of those rock gardens are going to be a smash fest !

I see that clip was taken in Oct 2019. I wonder if the course is still the same?