New buyer looking for information and tips

AJW0223

6 hours ago, Rolf Hansen said:

To add to what @Steady Spin has said above many/most of the differences you won't notice.

I ride a 26er and everyone that I ride with have 29ers, except for my wife - she has a 27.5". 

The faster you pedal, the faster you go. If you are a downhill champion you will notice the 29" wheel keeping speed easier than the smaller wheels. If not, the speed depends on you.

What I have noticed with smaller wheels is the are less stable than the larger wheels but the flip side of the coin is a more maneuverable bike. Over rough terrain like rocks and roots the larger wheels are definately better. In the end I'd much rather have a high-end 26er than an entry-level 29er.

CORRECT.

As much as I enjoy my 29", the 27,5" commuter is  BLAST to ride.

Lighter, nimbler ....

There is a place and a time for each.

With budget constraints a good 27,5 will be much better than a crappy 29 ....

Tires aren't a problem. I know someone with at least 100 x 26er tires and more than 25 x 26er wheelsets who's 15 min from my house. 26er for the win if you have a limited budget and are just getting into the sport