Looking for a GPU

Mojoman

Wow, what crazy pricing out there for GPUs now (as well as stock availability)...
Anyone here looking to sell a GT1050 or a RX570 for a reasonable second hand price (and not R25 cheaper than buying new!).

On 5/19/2021 at 1:44 AM, Mojoman said:

Wow, what crazy pricing out there for GPUs now (as well as stock availability)...
Anyone here looking to sell a GT1050 or a RX570 for a reasonable second hand price (and not R25 cheaper than buying new!).

Sterkte , I could be reasonable and triple what I paid for my gtx1060 end 2018 

The prices out there are mental 

1 minute ago, BaGearA said:

Sterkte , I could be reasonable and triple what I paid for my gtx1060 end 2018 

The prices out there are mental 

Crazy....No point buying now unless y ou find a super duper deal...
My GTX750 will have to carry on a bit more....????

9 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Crazy....No point buying now unless y ou find a super duper deal...
My GTX750 will have to carry on a bit more....????

Was thinking about upgrading late this year but my good'ol gtx will have to crack on 

Managed to pick up a cheap new GTX1650 OC on BoB last night.....Anything is an upgrade from a GTX750 at the end of the day.......Seems to be a lot about now for under R4k...Would have liked a 1660 but I felt my might need my kidneys....

Edited by Mojoman

Im going to be on my RX580 for a while still, the new card prices are a joke.

Still this one does what I need so until it dies there isnt much reason to change.

Lol...SCAMMED!
So whats happened is the seller on BoB (5 years member, 98% reputation) doesnt actually have stock...(and made NO mention of this in the ad)....Now they have emailed to say BoB will refund me....the last time this took 4 or 5 weeks...
In other words these guys are getting you to pay for something they dont have (and dont say this either) and getting a nice interest free loan...Ironically I emailed BoB about another seller doing the same and they were not too bothered...

There was also this on Carbonite....Looks like IT stuff is a winner for scamming! Lol....My 750 must battle on....https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?threads/brutech-co-za-scammed-us-for-r339168.363942/

Edited by Mojoman

50 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Lol...SCAMMED!
So whats happened is the seller on BoB (5 years member, 98% reputation) doesnt actually have stock...(and made NO mention of this in the ad)....Now they have emailed to say BoB will refund me....the last time this took 4 or 5 weeks...
In other words these guys are getting you to pay for something they dont have (and dont say this either) and getting a nice interest free loan...Ironically I emailed BoB about another seller doing the same and they were not too bothered...

There was also this on Carbonite....Looks like IT stuff is a winner for scamming! Lol....My 750 must battle on....https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?threads/brutech-co-za-scammed-us-for-r339168.363942/

Lol..the scammer was at it again just now, he had an ad for 15 in stock but after I posted this on Carbonite he has since pulled that ad...

Well, after kicking off and throwing toys...I got refunded....by the seller of all people....BoB wanted to take 2 weeks but I had another card lined up...(Hoping Third Time Lucky will apply to me here!)

I wont be buying on BoB again though...My second bad experience in 6 months....No response on why they allow sellers to sell items they dont actually hold in stock themselves......it should just be a standard part of their selling template....

Do you actually have stock at your warehouse: Y/N....

Just fraud in my eyes...

Edited by Mojoman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before this madness I looked at a RX570 brand new around 2-3k and was like yea that's a bit high for an "prev gen" card (PS anything higher on my old system will run into CPU bottlenecks and be a waste unless I upgrade this 12 years old system ????)

Went and had a look at that RX570 on the same site last night sitting at 12k ???? so that is a big fat NOPE!

Yea no left the gaming scene way way back as it became an endless money pit trying to keep up so not spending that to just play one game that tickled my fancy lately.

Think my new "hobby/project" (trying to restore a classic car) will be cheaper and more rewarding in the long run ????